Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Totally Intrigued

2 posters

Go down

Totally Intrigued Empty Totally Intrigued

Post  KS Dalla Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 am

Hi. I have just today learned about the cup. I cannot believe I haven't ever heard of these before! I have been a tampon user since my second period. My 14 year old daughter also started using tampons shortly after starting her first period.

I am about to be 37 and am pre-menopausal. I have noticed lately that I am starting to get cramps (which I never had before). A friend at work said the same thing happened to her when she was in her mid 30's. The cramps start with 15-45 minutes of putting the tampon in and stop withing 10-20 minutes of taking it out. They have gotten worse each month over the last several months. The last one was so bad that I couldn't wear the tampons at all. I don't even want to think about next month's and the thought of wearing pads is unbearable. YUCK! I am very interested in trying these as well as possibly getting my daughter one. I am still trying to decide which one to try first. I don't really have a lot of money to order several different ones. I could do one so I want to try and get the best one for me the first time around. I read all of Melissa's reviews (three times) (THANK YOU!! and THANK YOU!!) and am leaning towards the MeLuna because they offer a medium which is the same diameter as the larger one but not as big volume wise. (I don't need the larger volume.) I would welcome any feedback or suggestions. Thanks!

KS Dalla

Back to top Go down

Totally Intrigued Empty Oops... Not a Guest

Post  ksdallas Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:53 am

I must have gotten logged out accidentally because my post shows me as a guest. I am a member and again welcome your feedback. Thanks.

ksdallas

Back to top Go down

Totally Intrigued Empty Re: Totally Intrigued

Post  Melissa569 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 am

Welcome, Always glad to have a new member! Smile

If your flow is not very heavy, them you should be able to swing a medium Meluna just fine. Of course, because the melunas are shaped more like a cone, instead of a bell like others, and they have a strong suction due to their thick rim, I would suggest either a ball stem or ring stem, which ever you think you might like more.

Also, have you found your cervix yet? that will give you a big clue as to what size or brand might be best. If your cervix is up really high, you might have trouble reaching a shorter cup. But if it tends to ride low, then you are just fine Smile

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ksdallas Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:42 am

I was going to go with the ring stem. Here is a question for you... how do you know if your cervix is high or low? I used to have IUD and had to check it regularly so I know where it is but don't know what is "normal" in regards to placement.

Also, for a first time user do you think the MeLuna is a good choice? I was considering the LadyCup and Lunette, too. I was actually torn between the 3 and leaned towards the Meluna because they offered the medium size. I don't know if that matters other than the large just look so big in the pictures.

Thanks for all your help!

K

ksdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Generally, if you can easily reach your cervix with your middle or index finger, its kind of low. On a heavy period day, it may come down even to one inch inside, or closer. In that case, it would sit inside your cup a bit.

Because of the thicker rim and slick cone shape, a meluna can be challenging to remove for a newbie. But if its the only cup you've ever used, you will adjust, I think. Ladycup is a little easier, but still slick. With slick cups, you have to re-dry your fingers with toilet paper a few times during removal. That gives you much better grip, its a big help.

Lunette's a really good one, that's what I'm personally using right now. Small with great capacity, and pretty easy to remove.

Small Yuuki is equally so in all those areas, but cheaper (I believe).

Hope this helps Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum