Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Cup and Semi-new washable pads user

3 posters

Go down

New Cup and Semi-new washable pads user Empty New Cup and Semi-new washable pads user

Post  K12404 Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Everyone,
So excited to have found Melissa's Youtube video. I started using washable pads about 2-3 months ago. Found them in a natural store kinda like a wholefoods. I have found that these store don't often carry the pads and usually only have diva cups. I bought two pads by Gladrags and one Diva cup. I have been loving the pads and ordered more. I researched others but I just felt like Gladrags where the best for me. My diva cup however, I liked but it was kinda uncomfortable. I found Mellissa's site cause I was looking up different re-usable menstrual products. I saw all the different kinds of cup!!! I watched the comparisons and now think that a lunette or a Lady cup would be better and really comfortable for me. I really wanted a lunette selene cup but alas could not find one to order. I ended up ordering from Gladrags a kit that has a regular small lunette and some more pads. You can get a kit with pantyliners but I already have some. I ordered previously the "jade and Pearl" sea sponges to try out. No word yet cause neither have been tried. I guess at this point my washable products include the following:
5-Day Gladrags pads
2-Pantyliner Gladrags pads
2-Jade and Pearl sea sponges
1-Diva Cup
1-Small Lunette cup(clear..Sigh)
I also really hoping the sponges work out or the lunette cup. I can see an advantage of the cup over the sponges already. The sponges may have to be replaced. I have hear everything from 6 months to 10 years. But when you do finish with them they are bio-degradable. Also maybe more possibility of leaking, but not sure. I let you know soon how things go. Now the Cups I see lasting definitely many years, except in vanity terms and girls wanting pretty and new stuff. You only would need to get a new one if: It gets damaged (possibly by Kitty Wink or your body changes for the many reasons it can. I might start a little day by day journal that I can post her when my period starts about the differences between the cups and the sponges. I am excited to find all these products. No more problems associated with holding bleached, unbreathable plastic to an intimate part of your body, or inserting super drying bleached rayon, TSS causing wads. And of course less trash and ultimately when you do the math less money. Look for me when I write about this periods experience.

K12404

Back to top Go down

New Cup and Semi-new washable pads user Empty Re: New Cup and Semi-new washable pads user

Post  Melissa569 Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 am

Welcome, and I absolutely encourage a cup journal. I think a step-by-step account of first time uses really gives other women a close look at excactly what using these products is like, and what to possibly expect. Also, its fun to share experiences Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

New Cup and Semi-new washable pads user Empty Re: New Cup and Semi-new washable pads user

Post  LisBeth Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 am

Hi! Welcome from me, too:)
Melissa is right, it's really interesting reading others Cup Journals...it's also a way to learn useful tips or to get some advice!
I would like to learn more about sponges...because I don't like them very much (I don't use them even when I get a shower!) but it would be nice to learn more...
LisBeth
LisBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:20 am

Welcome! I am also new here too! Sponges sound interesting, I have seen them at my health food store, but I have always been afraid of them. Once I earn enough money to buy a cup or convince my mom to buy one for me and it is worth it, then I will probably keep a journal myself.

Back to top Go down

Post  K12404 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 pm

The sea sponges are not much different then the tampons except you wash them. They are nothing to be scared of and actually I can't decide which I like better. You have to be just as comfortable with yourself as you would with a cup. I think they might be cheaper than the cups. You might try a sea sponge while you save up money for a cup. I have been happy with mine but I have a fairly medium/light flow.

K12404

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 am

You bring up a good point, but if I buy sea sponges, it will take longer to get a cup since I'm spending money that would probably go towards a cup.

Besides, I think I might have enough if I don't buy that one book I want.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down