Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mpower Cup

4 posters

Go down

Mpower Cup Empty Mpower Cup

Post  Admin Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:32 am

If you own this cup, feel free to jump right in and do a post about it! To get this thread started, here is a link to my WordPress information page about menstrual cups, containing a review (with photos) for Mpower. Comments are welcome, and so are new posts:

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com/about-mpower-cup/
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Mpower Cup Empty Yes I most certainly do own an MPowercup!

Post  glendatutt Mon May 17, 2010 9:42 am

I would like to thank you for your great review of my product, I am the owner of the MPowercup. You can watch a bit of my story on this link https://www.youtube.com/user/TEDxTalks#p/c/EA2B4A034F8463FF/4/dxh50XguXJ0
I would be very interested for you to do some research with regard to the manufacture of the cups that have colour,as I was strongly advised by my manufacturer,the factory is 20 mins from my home and I am hands on involved with the manufacturing process,not to use a colour for this application as colour is toxin. He advised clear only as this way I can ensure there is no toxin present-if you think about it ICU tubing and cathatar tubing is clear and is exactly the same application as menstrual cups.

glendatutt

http://www.mpowercup.co.za

Back to top Go down

Mpower Cup Empty Re: Mpower Cup

Post  Melissa569 Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 pm

I've heard of this before, and I think cup manufacturers aught to be sure and stick with color sources that are considered medically safe (most of them say they do), but also perhaps they could add a thin clear seal coating to the outside (maybe they do? I'm not sure, I would have to ask.. Although if they do, they may not want to say so, because it might be a secret of succes for manufacturing?). I think its good that most brands do offer a clear un-colored option as well, though.

Just as a business precaution though, I would stear clear of that subject... If there is one thing I have learned about cup sales over the past year and a half-- its that you have to be very careful how you deal with the subject of "other companies". The menstrual cup marketting business is a very tricky and delicate one. The very successful businesses tend to have a "no comment" policy when it comes to other companies. Because in this business, it seems that anything you say or do in relation to other companies, will come back to bite you later... lol.

I just don't recomend getting caught up in all those crazy politics, lol. You don't need it, its too much of a risk (and a headache). You have such a wonderful opportunity, and great ambition. You are supporting a very honorable cause. That alone will take you as far as you wish to go Smile

Hugs

Last edited by Melissa569 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Mpower Cup Empty MPowercup manufacture process

Post  glendatutt Tue May 18, 2010 2:30 am

Thank you for that excellent advice-yes it's difficult for me to not slate others as I virtually manufacture these myself. Truly my 'baby' you could say haha. The concept of the colour is this. Wacker chemicals in Germany are one of 2 suppliers of the raw material for medical grade silicone. In their research and all their recommendations they state that colour is a toxin but is "safe" for the application. Yet they will not categorically state this should my manufacturer ask them directly. That is why I decided against colour. Nobody sees your cup, well I assume not, when it is inside so for me colour is not important and not worth any risk.
The reason that the menstrual cup is non-porous and non-absorbant is because it is post-cured after manufacture. This is when it is tumbled in heat, like a big tumble dryer, for 6 hours. As far as I know in my experience of manufacture they don't use any seal or such like process.
In SA it is not statutory to have any form of FDA approval, can you believe that!!!! You could literally make paracetamol in your kitchen out of poison and sell it in a pharmacy!!! I don't have any form of approval as it is also not worth the huge amount of work, and expense, and is not held in much esteem here. What I do however use is endorsements and recommendations by well respected gynaecologists. I also work with the DTI(government Dept of Trade and Industry) who have visited the factory and written reports about my business.
I do know that my business and product are transparent and speak for themselves.
I have a code by which I live my life in all aspects:
"Your soul is dyed the colour of your thoughts
Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day
The content of your character is your choice
Day by day- what you choose, what you think and what you do is who you become
Your integrity is your destiny
It is the light that guides your way." Heraclitus

glendatutt

http://www.mpowercup.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue May 18, 2010 7:06 am

Very wise words in the code Smile

Also, on the stiffness of Mpower-- good idea making it firm. I personally find that the higher capacity (larger) cups are easier to pop open that way. And when I rinsed out the Mpower, the holes were no biggie to keep clean because they were larger, the water just rinsed them right out.

There are some women who like a softer cup... But among the women who whant a firmer one-- they usually want a no-nonsense cup that's quick and easy to maintain. Something that will stand up to their heavy flow, even when they sleep. So its good to have no-nonsense cups on the market Smile

Still, just better not to get tangled up in the politics, because things can get very nasty down that road in the business world...

Last edited by Melissa569 on Tue May 25, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Feminine Wear Tue May 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Glenda
It good to see you on this wonderful forum! There are a few issues raised here and the one about the colour interests me. A lot of cup manufacturers add colour to their cups and - is it safe? How will we ever know? But Lunette have just received FDA approval for the Green Diana and I know that the cup had to pass approval and the colour was passed as well. The Lunette Selene had to pass as a different product as the blue colour had to meet the criteria for approval. So the FDA aren't just passing cups but the colours are highly scrutinised as well. Why would the FDA allow the green and blue cups to pass if they were considered unsafe?
I know that Mooncup UK don't want coloured cups as they prefer to keep their cup pure so maybe they have concerns over colours.
Do you have any concrete evidence to prove that the colours are unsafe? If so what proof and what chemical in these colours are unsafe? Are there certain colours that are unsafe but others are OK?
It's great that you are prepared to raise this topic, Glenda, and I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in it as women on LiveJournal often mention their concerns over the colours used. So maybe now is a great time to start to find out if the coloured cups really are safe.
So, do you have proof or are you going by what Wacker are telling you? Do they have any information on the subject?
Feminine Wear
Feminine Wear

http://www.femininewear.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down