Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staining? TPE? Holes? Stem?

3 posters

Go down

Staining? TPE? Holes? Stem? Empty Staining? TPE? Holes? Stem?

Post  TantrumSock Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 am

I am considering getting a small meluna for my spotty days and I had some questions

How easily do they stain? Do some colors stain worse than others. I know that the safest bet to avoid staining would be the black, but the purple is just so darn cute...

Are there any drawbacks to TPE versus Silicone? Does it last as long?

How big are the holes?

Can you cut a ball stem? I like the looks of it but I have totally chopped my yukki stem because i didnt use it. But the idea of buying one without a stem right off the bat makes me nervous, especially with such a tiny cup.
TantrumSock
TantrumSock

https://www.facebook.com/theresaf1

Back to top Go down

Staining? TPE? Holes? Stem? Empty Re: Staining? TPE? Holes? Stem?

Post  Melissa569 Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:41 am

I suppose you could trim it if you were REALLY careful...

I don't know if certain colors stain more than others, because I don't use a meluna as my regular cup (although I will sometimes use the small orange ball stem on a very light day). But so far, there as been no discoloration, and I've had it for several months.

The meluna website suggests that TPE can last as long as most silicone cups usually do. I have also been told that it is just as safe medically as silicone. As for drawbacks... Sometimes it can go into an oval shape after wearing it inside all day, but you can fix that by just running it under hot water and bending it round.It can also be stiffer, and more slippery. But there are a lot of very happy Meluna users, and its a great company.

The holes are about the same size as small yuuki, but they are not slanted. And there is only two of them. for me, the ball stem is the easiest to grab, but I think the type of stem you get is a matter of preference Smile

Last edited by Melissa569 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:46 am

Thank you for the info, Melissa. I have also been playing with the idea of getting a small Meluna for a similar reason. I sometimes I have VERY light flow (as if I were just spotting between periods.. except sometimes, that's all I get for a period lol), but I still need some type of protection. I also have doubts about the TPE material though... I guess it's just an issue of lack of knowledge? I know a fair bit about silicon, but not TPE.
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  TantrumSock Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Thank you for that info, it was extremely helpful.

I think i'm going to get one, but I will wait a few months until I have some extra money. Also, if I wait I can rationalize it as a Birthday present for myself =)
TantrumSock
TantrumSock

https://www.facebook.com/theresaf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down