Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin!

5 posters

Go down

Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin! Empty Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin!

Post  Melissa569 Mon May 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Wow, I can't believe it! A couple months ago, I told my 15-year-old cousin Racheal about cups. I even showed her one and demonstrated how it was folded, showed her where my websites are and all. Surprisingly, she didn't freak out at all, she was kind of like "Hmmm, interesting.". She alternates between pads and tampons every cycle, but I didn't know if she was actually ready to TRY a cup.

But she and my mom were at my house last night. When my mom left the room to go to the bathroom, Racheal came and sat next to me on the couch and said,

"Hey Melissa..... Um.... Do you think I could maybe have one of those cup things?"

I was pretty shocked, but in a good way. Also, because I'm very proud of my "collection" and I normally never give my cups away or sell them....

I did ask her WHY she wanted one, and she said "Because I don't wanna buy the other stuff anymore. I don't wanna worry about running out of girl supplies." She basically thought it would be cool to be constantly prepared, with just one little cup.

I really needed to think, so I just told her that I would "see what I could do". I was very hestitant to give one of mine away, lol. I was thinking maybe I should just buy her one of her own. But then I thought-- Hey, if it was a personal gift from her older cousin, maybe it would be more special and meaningful!

Well, I basically paced around for about 10 minutes, thinking it over. I decided that I would just go ahead and let her have one. So since I had both large and small Lunette Diana (and since I'm fine with a large), and since I had not yet used my Dianas, not even on a dry run-- I decided to make the small Diana my special gift to Racheal.

Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin! Pictur27

Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin! Pictur28

Yes, it was hard to let it go, but she is my little cousin, and I respect her willingness to listen to me and actually TRY a cup at the age of 15. So I brought my small Lunette Diana out and handed it to her. She was just happy as can be, lol. I made sure to explain everything about insertion, removal, cleaning, storing... And I told her to call me if she had any issues.

So yeah-- first FAMILY conversion, lol. Racheal, if you ever visit this forum-- Right on, girl!

Now I need to start working on my sisters, hahahaha. But for them, I think I'll just buy them one. Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin! Empty Re: Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin!

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Wow! Awesome! At the age of 15 too... I wish I knew about cups when I was fifteen. Anyways, that's great! Well, at least you know that your Diana is in a good home.

Back to top Go down

Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin! Empty Re: Just Converted My 15-Year-Old Cousin!

Post  Rheatheylia Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm

So awesome! I wish I were openminded enough to try out cups when I was 15, would have saved myself so many years of annoyance and soooo much money, you are such an awesome cousin!
Rheatheylia
Rheatheylia

http://www.rheatheylia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Mon May 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Wow, what a generous gift. Very Happy You're the coolest cousin ever lol. I hope it works out for her! I think it's awesome that she's willing to give it a try. And the Diana is fancy too Wink
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon May 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Before I offered her that, I asked her if she liked green, and she was like "Oh my god! Taht's my favorite color!" So I was like... Ok, gotta be Diana, lol.

I'm so proud of ehr for beign that open minded. I refused to even try a tampon until I was 20, and it was only because I had no choice, I was staying with a friend who only had tampons when my period started early.

She says her cycle should start in a week or two, so hope she gives it a go and has great luck with it! I'll report back on what she says.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:35 am

I slightly envy your cousin and wish I'd thought of menstrual cups as early as she.

Anyway, I've only had my period for a year so I guess I'm not a 'late convert' either. The first time I heard of menstrual cups was a couple of months ago but then I just rejected the idea because I found pads and tampons OK. Later on I read more about the cups on the internet and all their pros, which eventually convinced me to buy one. I've actually only used mine as little as 3 days and I already love it! This is top of awesomeness. I once thought tampons were great but compared to cups they're nothing.

I wanna share my experience with all my friends so that they can try this fantastic product too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:27 am

Wow, aren't you excited to teach her and troubleshoot with her? I'm sure that will definitely bring you guys closer as cousins.

I heard it from Cosplay.com, a cosplay website when we were talking about what we did for our periods and two people mentioned they used a cup and I thought it sounded very elegant so as a smart consumer, I did my research and learned the pros and cons and that's how I got there.

Back to top Go down

Post  CUPCAKE Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm

This is awesome. Free cup too. lol.
CUPCAKE
CUPCAKE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Tue May 04, 2010 11:30 pm

CUPCAKE wrote:This is awesome. Free cup too. lol.

I know, right? I wish I had a cousin in the "cup business". Wink You'll have to keep us posted on how it goes for her, Melissa!
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 am

Well, I don't really have a cousin or a sister to convert except for my cousin who lives all the way in Texas.

Back to top Go down

Post  LisBeth Wed May 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Your cousin is very lucky! First of all because she has you as relative, so she can count on you if she should have some problems with her cup..and also because she got a free green lunette alien it's a supercute cup! It's perfect for a teenager...
Plus, it's great that she is so open-minded even if she is so young...
LisBeth
LisBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 2:22 pm

A follow-up;

I recently told a friend of mine about menstrual cups, as an attempt to convert her. She first wondered why she'd ever wanna use a product like that and asked me if it was messy and less 'fresh' than tampons. I can't understand why it would be so? I actually think the cup is much more convenient and I feel more secure by using it. Then I figured she might be pleased with disposables and decided to give up on persuading her. However, she seemed a bit curious because he asked some more questions about the cups. I'm not really sure if she'll ever try a cup though, but if she after a while realizes cups might be a better option I'll give her my support.

I'd hoped she would respond more positively...
At least it was worth a try.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Thu May 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Humana wrote:
I'd hoped she would respond more positively...
At least it was worth a try.

As they say, better to have tried and failed than never try at all! Although if she was asking questions, at least you sparked her curiosity. Wink That's never a bad thing!
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down