Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble placing my Diva Cup

Go down

Having trouble placing my Diva Cup Empty Having trouble placing my Diva Cup

Post  Rainfall Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:20 am

Hello, ladies! I was sent here from another forum for help! Smile I got my Diva Cup (2) in the mail yesterday and was super excited to try it out since my period is still lingering about. But what a bit fat failure this is becoming! I'm 30 years old and can't imagine there are too many different ways to do this, so I am feeling a bit defeated here. LOL! I'm tempted to have someone come over and shove the thing as far up there as they can manage. LMBO

I've tried both the C fold and "triangle" fold (punch down I believe I've seen it called) and neither are helping. The problem is that it's just sitting way, way too low. The directions say it will sit lower than a tampon, but I know it probably shouldn't be practically hanging out. Even if I successfully push it up far enough, it somehow works its voodoo and floats on down anyway. I mean, you shouldn't be able to see it if you were to bust out a mirror and junk, right?

Is it maybe too big? The thing *is* huge. Or too small? My gosh, how can it be too small??

I'm bummed because it was a stretch to fork over the money for it to begin with, and I'm wondering if maybe another kind would work better...and what do I do with a $25 hollowed out dildo head now? *snort*

Thank you in advance for the help! And if anyone wants to come over and shove this thing up my hooha, I'm tempted to send my address. lol!

Rainfall

Back to top Go down

Having trouble placing my Diva Cup Empty Re: Having trouble placing my Diva Cup

Post  Melissa569 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 am

Oh my gosh, that was funny Smile

There are only two things that could be happening here:

1-- Pelvic floor muscles not holding it up (could have something to do with recently giving birth).
2-- (this is much more likely) You could have a low cervix.

In the case of the first one, kegel exercises can help strengthen the muscles with time.

But in the second more likely case-- this is an issue that I also (and about half of the women out there) share with you. For some of us, our cervix/the end of our vagina, moves down really low during our period, shortening the vagina's length. Divacup has the longest body of all the brands. So for women with really high cervixes, its a blessing. But otherwise...

It was my very first cup too, and it also sat very low in me and the end of it hung out a bit. I could feel the grip rings, even after completely trimming the stem off.

So for women in this case, you can shorten the Divacup and make it a lot more smooth by flipping it inside-out (the company doesn't recomend that of course, because they can get sued if the somebody can't reach the cup). So naturally, if we decide to do this, we do so "at our own risk". But us ladies with short vaginas, aka, low cervixes, can usually reach it pretty well even if it is a bit shorter. I mean... Its kind of hanging out after all! lol.

If you decide to try that, let me know if it helps. It probably still won't go up really high inside you, it will still sit low. But this might make it more comfortable. True, you could always get a shorter cup... But the thing is, cups arent' cheap, so people aren't usually willing to run out and buy a new one so fast. Which is understandable Smile

PS-- With a low cervix, it is STRONGLY advised to trim off your stem before flipping the cup inside out. Sometimes a low cervix can lower down inside a cup slightly, and a stem sticking up from the middle could jab or irritate it. Just a safety precaution Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Having trouble placing my Diva Cup Empty Having same issue.

Post  jbandy Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Melissa569, thank you for the suggestion on turning it inside out. I'm having this exact same issue...the thing somehow always manages to be seriously coming out of me no matter how far I'm able to push it in. I will try it out!

jbandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:16 pm

I certainly hope flipping it inside-out will help. I left a reply for you in your other post too. Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down