Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone who uses Lunettes, LadyCups, or Melunas!!! Preferrably the small sizes.

3 posters

Go down

Anyone who uses Lunettes, LadyCups, or Melunas!!! Preferrably the small sizes. Empty Anyone who uses Lunettes, LadyCups, or Melunas!!! Preferrably the small sizes.

Post  MandyKrzy Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:55 am

As Melissa and two others know, I made a blog about making the switch from pads and tampons to cups. I asked around for common questions about cups for some upcoming posts. Surprisingly, a girl on one of my older blogs saw my new blog and sent me an e-mail. Turns out we had both used small lunettes and ladycups. Her question was basically this: "I have never been pregnant, given birth, or had sex. So I have always used small sizes. They aren't too much of a hassle, but it seems like the cups get "too lost" inside of me. Should I try a large size, or is this how it's supposed to be?"

this sparked my curiosity because I wondered the same thing with my LadyCup. Unlike her I have had sex, but that doesn't make all that big of a difference. I e-mailed a bit more with her and I told her how the cup is technically supposed to be completely inside of you... But how far is too far? With my Lunette which is a bit longer than a LadyCup, I still had the problem with the sliding around and getting lost. I always wrote this off as normal, but do we need bigger sizes? I trimmed the stem completely off of my LadyCup, and it didn't make tons of a difference at first but it is a little difficult to "find" and I've actually ordered another just in case I don't get the hang of it. My Selene did the same thing but I never trimmed the stem so it wasn't a huge deal. I guess I'm not going to die because of this little issue but I was wondering if the same thing happens to other females. I guess what I'm asking is are we normal to have this happen? MeLuna users are welcome to answer this question as well because they are small cups just like ours Smile
MandyKrzy
MandyKrzy

Back to top Go down

Anyone who uses Lunettes, LadyCups, or Melunas!!! Preferrably the small sizes. Empty Re: Anyone who uses Lunettes, LadyCups, or Melunas!!! Preferrably the small sizes.

Post  Melissa569 Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:21 pm

If you have a low cervix and are quite short inside (like me) then even the shortes cup with no stem will be fairly easy to reach.

But if you have a higher cervix and are therefore a little longer inside (they can be low, medium, high, or any degree in between), then a cup can move up a bit. Some people in this case find that either a large cup, or even a Divacup is easier to reach. Larges usually are a little longer than the smalls. But of course the need to switch to one differs greatly from person to person, especially in terms of weather you are sexually active, or have had a child.

Although there are some exceptions, most sexually active women can manage a large. I've even seen some virgins do it, but it may be more of an adjustment/challenge. Some do it because they want something that's easier to reach-- but others do it because they need more capacity due to a very heavy flow.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone who uses Lunettes, LadyCups, or Melunas!!! Preferrably the small sizes. Empty Re: Anyone who uses Lunettes, LadyCups, or Melunas!!! Preferrably the small sizes.

Post  Serpent Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:52 pm

isn't total length more important than body length, though? this chart lists them Smile
and lol yeah i'm one of these virgins with large cups, i'm 20 though, not sure i would've been able to use it at like 14-15 or especially as my first cup.
i used to envy those with high cervixes bc mine is very low (that's why i need the width of the large size), but now i love my body just as it is Smile
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Some say it is, but I've hear people say that they can't break the seak until they've got hold of the bottom of the cup, because they can't break it with just the stem. They use the stem to find it. But there are some women for whom even a long stem doesn't help, because they have extra length inside. They find something with a longer body easier to grab.

I suppose it really does depend from person to person though, as I have met people who are kind of a medium length, and they do jsut fine by grabbing the stem Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down