Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I get my Green Donna to open...

3 posters

Go down

How I get my Green Donna to open... Empty How I get my Green Donna to open...

Post  Lisa Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:29 pm

This is my first ever cup. I have had some trouble getting it to open and after trying and trying, I sort of found a way to do it, but I am not sure if it is right yet since I am not on my period and can't do an actual test. I also am not sure if this method would work for a virgin. Perhaps this would work with the Lunette too, since it appears to be the same cup.

I am using the Large Green Donna. I could not get it to open using the C fold at all, and even had trouble with the punch fold. I can't get any air into the cup by pushing on the side of my vagina either. After countless times, here's what I did. I made the punch fold and inserted it. I sort of squeezed the punch out once the cup was inside so that the rim comes open. Then I pull out the cup slightly until I hear it fill with air. Then once it is filled with air all the way, I push it straight in with my finger(s). I can kind of feel that it is much bigger, being that it has the air in it. That's the part I am not sure a virgin could do, unless she has lost her hymen already. Once it is past the pubic bone, I know I have done it successfully. I feel around and it seems like it is round to me all the way around. I can't turn it to get a seal so hopefully that means it is tight enough and a seal is already there. When I take it out, it dents in slightly when it hits the pubic bone, and makes a suction sound.
The only bad thing about this whole thing is that it sounds like a farting sound when it fills with air and when it comes out. I really don't want other people to hear that when I am in the stall.

I will follow up on this when I get my period to let you know if it works.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

How I get my Green Donna to open... Empty Re: How I get my Green Donna to open...

Post  ankhst Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:08 am

Have you tried inserting with the other way around? I don't mean stem first...lol. If you usually hold the cup so the folded part is facing up, try doing it with the fold facing down instead.
ankhst
ankhst

Back to top Go down

How I get my Green Donna to open... Empty Re: How I get my Green Donna to open...

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:29 am

This could probably help with the small Lunette, but the large Lunette is stiffer than the small (and the Green Donna) so it pops open pretty easily.

Very true, inserting witht he fold facing sideways or down helps a lot too.

There are some cups though tha tI just cannot get to open with a punch down fold... For example, large Ladycup. But maybe I can try this method.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:48 am

I have tried inserting the Green Donna any way I can think of.
I am under the impression that if it isn't totally full of air, it isn't open properly. If it isn't totally full of air, can have dents in it, right? But if it is totally full of air, there isn't a seal? HELP!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Its kind of a balance we each find. There is a middle ground of "full of air and popped open, but not too full". Some people will even burp some of the air out once the cup is open, just not enough to cause a dent. It helps the seal.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:24 am

This might be a stupid question, but how much would you consider "dented?" I squeezed it a little bit and still, it's pretty round but doesn't fill totally, 100% round, but not dented to the point where it is flat or folded, if you know what I mean. It's hard to explain.

edit: I am using my Yuuki now by the way, but I guess this post still can apply to the Green Donna.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 am

I think its ok if a cup is not perfectly round inside, just so long as its not leaking. Of course our insides are not perfectly round, so by nature the cup will sort of form to our insides. The degree of roundness also depends on the cup brand. As far as I know, Keeper is the stiffest, because it is so thick. That would probably stay round regardless, lol. Maybe even firm ones like large lunette or large Fleurcup.

But the others will probably form to your shape a bit. Some may be more like an oval, for each person it will be a little different.

Some are like this 0
Some are like this O

But if its not leaking, its all good Smile

Have you only tried the Yuuki on your period, or have you tried Green Donna too?
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Well I have used my cup all day and had no leaks! So apparently I am doing something right! I am so happy with the cup. I kept it in all day, just to see how much blood I would get. Of course, yesterday I would have liked to, but I was just too curious! I have only tried my Yuuki for now. I like it better than the Green Donna, but I will try the Green Donna out within the next few days or next period. I wanted to use the biggest also because it holds more than the Green Donna.
I squeezed my cup at the bottom before shoving it all the way up. I don't know if it made a difference or not. I will have to keep experimenting. At least I know my current method works!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:41 am

That's great! Smile So you basically hold it in the folded position more from the bottom, and it pops open better?
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 pm

No, I always use the punch fold. Then pull it out slightly so it opens and fills with air. Then coax it in. I don't have much luck other ways but hey, this way works for me. Very Happy I am using the Green Donna now, and it works the same. Since it is softer, it's a little harder to coax in but if you use the lube, it works very easily. My cervix is high, so if they made an even longer cup I could use it.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down