Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Menstrual cups with cloth pads?

4 posters

Go down

Menstrual cups with cloth pads? Empty Menstrual cups with cloth pads?

Post  crystalusagi Tue May 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I usually use a pantiliner with my menstrual cup just to have some peace of mind, and an overnight pad for when I don't want to get up to empty the cup once. I want to switch to cloth pads, though, and am wondering if anyone has any experience using cloth pads with cups. Are pantiliners with one or two layers of flannel inside (no terry or fleece) enough for the daytime leaks for you? I usually try to empty before it gets too much past the pinkish stain phase.

crystalusagi

Back to top Go down

Menstrual cups with cloth pads? Empty Re: Menstrual cups with cloth pads?

Post  purplelover Wed May 11, 2011 11:32 am

As from last month I use a cloth pantyliner, and I'm amazed as how much it holds! I got it from yurtcraft on etsy, though there are tons of sellers there (looking around for some more myself!) - I think if you give it a try you won't regret it! Wink

purplelover

Back to top Go down

Post  Margar02 Tue May 24, 2011 11:44 am

I just ordered a free liner from a site called "Party in my pants". They give away one free liner for cloth-curious folks, you just pay 3.99 shipping (in the us and canada, I believe). That may be a good way to try it out. You can include your free liner with a regular order, too.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. If I like it, I may buy a few more pads for cup-backup and vag-resting Wink

Margar02

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalusagi Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 pm

I used a cloth liner instead of a disposable one at the tail end of my last cycle, and it worked great. I made my own out of layers of flannel, and I've found it's sufficient for cup-back-up on the non-heavy days. This weekend I'm going to whip some up with a layer or two of fleece -- hopefully it'll absorb more. =D I love picking out pretty prints at the fabric store, and one pad only costs me $1 or so to make, really! I do want to try buying an overnight, waterproof pad from someone, though. Seems Party in my Pants is a popular seller.

crystalusagi

Back to top Go down

Menstrual cups with cloth pads? Empty Store Menstrual Blood

Post  cellecell Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 am

Nice information but one thing i have some information about on this....can you tell me is this right or wrong...Many women have clots in their menstrual blood from time to time. The clots may be bright red or dark in color. Often, these clots are shed on the heaviest days of bleeding. The presence of multiple clots in your flow may make your menstrual blood seem thick or denser than usual.

Your body typically releases anticoagulants to keep menstrual blood from clotting as it's being released. But when your period is heavy and blood is being rapidly expelled, there's not enough time for anticoagulants to work. That enables clots to form.

If you have excessive clotting or clots larger than a quarter, you should see a health care professional to rule out any conditions that might be causing an abnormal period.Stem Cell Research
cellecell
cellecell

http://www.celle.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down