Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, from a new Diva!

2 posters

Go down

Greetings, from a new Diva! Empty Greetings, from a new Diva!

Post  Margar02 Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 am

Hello folks! I'm Margaret (you can call me Margar) and I'm 27, newly married, from Ohio, USA. I just heard about the Diva Cup a couple months ago from a thrifty/vegan/tree-hugging (and I say that in the most endearing way possible) friend, and was really intrigued by the idea. I did some research and bought a size 1 Diva Cup and just used it for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was a GODSEND because I happened to have surprise company of the male variety from out-of-town (Canada, actually!) come stay for 3 days! It was so great not to have to worry about going to the restroom all the time, leaking, and whatnot, while showing my friend all around Cleveland and Northern Ohio.

A little more about me- I love crafting with polymer clay, music (rock, jazz, soul, progressive, funk, easy listening, 70's, and alternative mostly), and video gaming. My favorite games are the Zelda series, and I am a staff member on a Zelda fan site. I married my husband Brian in March of this year, and we have a cat, a snake, and 2 pet rats.

Pleased to meet you all!

Margar02

Back to top Go down

Greetings, from a new Diva! Empty Re: Greetings, from a new Diva!

Post  crystalusagi Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Nice to meet you, Margar!

I'm always glad to have a cup handy when I have someone visiting, or when I'm visiting someone else. My husband appreciates the lack of gross diaper-like things in the bathroom trash can too. I'm also newly married =D

Ooh, how do your rats and your cat get along? I'd really like to get a cat one day, but I have a bird and I'm afraid the cat will be too...predator-like. I've always wanted a pet snake! We can't have them in Hawaii, though.

crystalusagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Margar02 Tue May 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Why can't you have pet snakes in Hawaii? Too much risk of them getting free or growing big in the tropical wild or something?

Anyway- the cat and rats get along alright. They mostly ignore each other. The cat would try getting the rats when they were littler but once they get full size, they are too big to spark the "Ooh, small rodent, chase it!" instinct. They leave each other alone mostly. Although when the rats are out on the couch they like to sneak up behind her and nibble her tail, lol!!

Margar02

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalusagi Tue May 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Aww, that's too cute! My husband used to have a rat, who would follow him around the house and ran up to us when called. He also used to lick everyone's fingers and feet.

Hawaii doesn't have any snakes, and they want to keep it that way because snakes can be harmful to the local ecosystem and the indigenous animals here. It's too bad, because I've always wanted one XD

crystalusagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Margar02 Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Unfortunately my older rat, Pete is on his last legs. Poor baby, I may have to have him euthanized soon.

I had no idea there were no snakes in hawaii, you learn something new every day!

Margar02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down