Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Diva Cup!

2 posters

Go down

Help with Diva Cup! Empty Help with Diva Cup!

Post  KJ25 Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Fair warning this post will have TMI for some readers.

I have been using Diva Cup for 10 months now and I always have minor leaks from it. I have very low flow, when I leave the Diva Cup if for 12 hours it isn't even full to the first line. That means it is not overflowing the blood is just getting around it. I had the same issue when I used tampons. The tampon itself would not be full of blood but there would be blood all over the string and some on the panty liner.

I assumed it was something I was going to have to just live with. This month I forgot about my Diva Cup as I was boiling it and melted/burnt it the day before my period started. I ordered a new Diva Cup online but needed something else for this period. I was finally able to find a drugstore that sold Instead Softcups. The first time I ever tried one I had no difficulty inserting it and absolutely no leaks. In addition I have always been able to feel my Diva Cup when I am wearing it but I do not feel the Instead softcups at all.

Does this mean that I am still not inserting the Diva Cup correctly or that there is something different about my shape that keeps both bell cups and tampons from creating an effective block? Also, if it is the second of those options are there any reusable cups that follow the same principles as the Instead cups?

KJ25

Back to top Go down

Help with Diva Cup! Empty DivaCup Problems

Post  VictoriaPhibes Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:42 pm

KJ: I don't think you were having a problem with the DivaCup. My first cup was a DivaCup as well, and I had lots of problems with leakage as well, mainly because the cup was too long for me. My cervix does not "sit low," either. I think what has to happen is that you test a different cup or two, and see what you do or don't like. My regular cup now on my heaviest days is a large Lunette, and for my lighter days I wear a FemmeCup (only comes in one size). But, if the Instead Cup works for you now and you find that it works well for you, then I say "stick with it!" Hope this reply helps. Regards, Mary~
VictoriaPhibes
VictoriaPhibes

http://twitter.com/victoriaphibes

Back to top Go down

Help with Diva Cup! Empty Re: Help with Diva Cup!

Post  Serpent Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:10 am

many reuse insteads,and they're also bringing out a reusable version in a bid to compete the traditional cups. but i agree that diva not working for you doesn't mean bell-shaped cups are not for you. i know it certainly wouldn't work for me because my cervix is so low. is yours too? this might be why it doesn't work for you,especially if tampons also don't (i've never worn them and i'm not sure how they could work for me if my cervix is 1cm (half an inch?) from the opening. anyway, try turning your diva inside out, this will make it much shorter. you could try out a shorter cup, the diva is the longest so you have tons of options. if you think you feel your cup because it's relatively stiff you can try a softer one, like a ladycup or meluna soft or many others (see Melissa's charts). but especially if it sticks out that's probably why you feel it.
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kj25 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Thank you for the advice. I have a bit of a wait until I can start trying out the new suggestions. Hopefully I will have better luck now that I know there is a better result to be had.

kj25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down