Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How heavy is your flow?

2 posters

Go down

How heavy is your flow? Empty How heavy is your flow?

Post  sarahaus Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:06 pm

I swear my periods are freakishly heavy... Today is day 2 and I've already overflowed my cup twice before midday. I'll have to keep changing it every few hours today and tomorrow most likely, and then it will start slowing. Anyone else's this heavy??

sarahaus

Back to top Go down

How heavy is your flow? Empty Re: How heavy is your flow?

Post  jb7764 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Mine isn't quite that heavy. It just fluctuates kind of a lot. I sometimes start with a heavy first day, sometimes it's the second. Then I'll get a "break" from AF for a few hours to a day then it will be mediumish for about a day, maybe two, then tapper off. This is my first cup cycle (small Lunette) and I've only overfilled the one time on my heaviest day, well night. I emptied right before bed and when I woke up (maybe 7-9 hours later) I had leaked and the cup was filled to almost to the second line, but my cervix can get low on a heavy day, so I think it dipped in the cup a little and took up some space. Then I put it in wrong today and I leaked when the cup wasn't anywhere near full and it was open.
Anyway, I have been emptying my cup more often then probably necessary while I am trying to get an idea of how fast I fill the cup. But it's day 3 and I've measured about 70 mL so far. I've had to do a little guessing since sometimes when I emptied it, it wasn't right at a line. I'm kind of excited to actually be able to know how much I'm actually bleeding, now I can give my doctor a better idea of how heavy AF is if I ever need to.
Which cup are you using? Maybe there is one with more capacity that will be better?

jb7764

Back to top Go down

Post  sarahaus Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:22 pm

I use the DivaCup which holds about 30ml, and I think I had approximately 200mL over my entire period... maybe more thanks to overflow. I know there's no way I could cope with tampons or pads - they just don't hold enough!

sarahaus

Back to top Go down

Post  jb7764 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:29 pm

They definitely don't! I leaked every time I used a tampon regardless if it was full or not. I think it had something to do with my cervix and placement, but even so, I hated using them. They had to be changed way too much and it got painful. I'm glad I found out about these cups.

jb7764

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down