Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Run - Placement

3 posters

Go down

Dry Run - Placement Empty Dry Run - Placement

Post  michelleke Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Yesterday i received my small Lunette in the mail. I played around with different folds and then boiled it. I did a dry run with some lube, and laid down on my bed as that's how i learnt optimal tampon placement. Punch down fold went in better than i could have hoped for, no discomfort there. It was in past the pelvic muscle bit, once there i could not for the life of me turn it and i could only manage to feel around one half of the cup for fullness.
So, the stem should be in past the pelvic muscle? It didn't bother me having the stem right there.
(I hope i'm making sense here Embarassed)

Removal was a bit uncomfortable.

michelleke

Back to top Go down

Dry Run - Placement Empty Re: Dry Run - Placement

Post  Melissa569 Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:37 am

I've been noticing that a lot of companies tell us to spin or rotate the cup, not everyone can do it. I find only about half of the women out there can. But there are ways of inserting and checking, even if you can't spin it. Which ever side you can manage to reach, try making sure that the fold crease will be facing in theat direction when you insert. Most of the time, the dent (if any) will be where the fold crease was. Its also good to make sure that at least one hole is in the crease, because the inner part of the crease will be the last thing to touch the skin, and therefore will be exposed to air the longest. So that sort of hels it to pop open better. and when you reach in later to feel the cup, the fact of the hole being where you can easily reach will also help with popping open.

Hope that helps.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  michelleke Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Just wanted to update, i'm now on my period and doing really well. I get that suction noise, and it always opens up!

It's absolutely bizarre going 12 hours without needing to do any period maintenance.

After dumping the contents in the toilet and flushing i got worried. Apparently i didn't lay down enough toilet paper.

michelleke

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm glad its working out for you. Thanks for reporting back on this, too.

On the toilet paper thing, did you mean that you lay down toilet paper in case you drop your cup in there? (I do, lol)
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  michelleke Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Melissa569 wrote:On the toilet paper thing, did you mean that you lay down toilet paper in case you drop your cup in there? (I do, lol)

Not quite, although it's a good insurance policy, i'm finding that the dumped contents sink to the bottom and doesn't flush very well.

michelleke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:48 am

Ahh, I see. I too have had to flush more than once to remedy that, lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down