Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying replacement for Diva

Go down

Buying replacement for Diva Empty Buying replacement for Diva

Post  fruitbat13 Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site, but I was hoping I could get some advice about which second cup to purchase. I've looked around and I still can't decide which cup to get! So many options and choices!

I am a 23 year old who is sexually active and has had no children.
I have finally got past the learning curve with my size 1 Diva cup, after probably like 6 or seven cycles of frustration and leaks. This past one I have finally located my cervix and figured out the best techniques for me (punch down) for opening and placement around my cervix.
Turns out that my cervix points to the right, so for a while I was unknowingly inserting my cup next to it instead of around it, and it would travel way up and not collect anything...
I was also looking for a cup with a rim that is thinner because of the way I have to 'hook my cup' around the right side, since my cervix pretty much points right at the right wall. The Diva seems to be one of the cup brands with the least notice-able rim that I have seen.

I am looking for something softer. Too much info maybe, but it's because I have trouble using the bathroom with my cup in (pee or bowel movement) , and would like the convenience of not taking my cup out, like while at work, in a hurry, or in a public restroom. Also, I can feel my diva cup and it sometimes makes me a bit sore.
Diva's length doesn't bother me, though my stem is trimmed off and I can still pinch the bottom. I never fill my cup up more than 3/4, even on my heaviest days.

Considering Ladycup or Cuplee because of their softness. Anyone have any input? Thanks for reading!! Very Happy

fruitbat13

Back to top Go down