Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to improve my English

2 posters

Go down

I want to improve my English Empty I want to improve my English

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 8:57 am

What is the best or easiest way to go fluent in English?
I'm fed up with being stuck at an average level and want to advance. My communicative skills are rather weak since I spent all English classes in ground school sitting quiet and I did not talk unless I was forced to. I've been trying to speak as much as possible in classes for the last year and it has helped me but I'm afraid it's not enough. When it comes to speaking and writing, I think those parts are easier. Even though my English teacher think I'm good at English I'm not as good as I'd want to.

Most of you here in this forum are native speakers of English (I guess). Do you have any suggestions on where to start? English books, movies without subtitles or what else?

Back to top Go down

I want to improve my English Empty Re: I want to improve my English

Post  testina_blu Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 am

In my experience, talking with others is the only effective way to improve. I've been studying english since I was 10, now I'm using it for work on a daily basis, still I feel I'm no as good as I wished. I watch movies without subtitles, I listen to the radio and to the CNN or the BBC, I read english books (and I join really interesting internet forums in english Smile ). But I had the greater improvement when I was at a convention abroad, for work, with people from many other countries, and speaking english was the only way to communicate. Sadly, once home again, I lost much of the improvement because I actually don't have anybody to speak with, beacuse I use english mostly in emails and documents.
testina_blu
testina_blu

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 am

You can actually download TONS of helpful books here for free (not just educational, or how-to books such as math and english and other languages, but also entertainment, many best-sellers, and even a few movies!):

Click Here

If you know how to piece together multiple rar files, they even have those "Rosetta Stone" language programs for free. Those are said to be the best! Check it out, see what you can find. Smile

You can also probably find plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

Hope that helps,

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum