Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My thread of scripts for cup ads

Go down

My thread of scripts for cup ads Empty My thread of scripts for cup ads

Post  Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:36 am

Yeah... while riding my bike I was just thinking about those tampax commercials with Mother Nature and all, and I was like... "What if I can make a spoof of that involving a cup where a girl actually befriends her? Also, I mean, she IS mother nature, she must also rule over other parts of the natural world..." That is when I decided to write a script:

"Cocktail hour with Mother Nature" (Yes, I know this is kind of long for a commercial... but you know...)

Setting the scene: Here we have a young woman in her house waiting by the calendar patiently checking her watch every once. Notice how there is a red line drawn across five days of that month. She is very impatient until the doorbell rings and a woman in her 50s appears.

Young Woman: Oh! Mother Nature! I'm so glad to see you! (genuinely excited)

Mother Nature: (all giddy like she usually is) Courtney! (let's just call her Courtney) I brought your monthly gift! You know, your period!

Courtney: (takes the box and shakes it) Oh! Thank you! Come on in!

Mother Nature: (shocked) Wait... you can't be kidding right! (smirks) I've met those sarcastic girls! You can't fool me! I know you are kidding! You are supposed to diss me and leave me outside and say how you are oh, so confident and you are using tampons! I KNOW YOUR TRICKS! I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY! (at this point she is going insane)

Courtney: (raises an eyebrow then smiles) No, I'm not kidding, infact, I sort of feel kind of sorry for you... I mean... it seems like nobody wants to be your friend... I mean, if people just got to know you, then maybe you wouldn't be so bad.

Mother Nature: You, you can't be serious? Oh, (hugs her really tight) I hope you don't mind me staying for a while, I mean, certainly you would be sick of me by then hun...

Courtney: Why don't you come in and chill for a minute on my patio outback I'll just open up the gift and see what you brought me!

Mother Nature: Oh! What a naiive little girl... I'm sure she will be like the rest of them once she gets to know me more...

To be continued...

(I'm done with typing for now... just wait until what happens next...)

Back to top Go down

My thread of scripts for cup ads Empty Re: My thread of scripts for cup ads

Post  Melissa569 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:10 am

So far I like it, you set the scene very well! There needs to be more comedy effort epsecialy towards LIKING our periods. It just seems so self destructive to be hating 1/4 of our reproductive years.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey! I found out that the actress who plays Mother Nature has a facebook page for her Mother Nature ego... I'm going to maybe browse on her to get more of the

I also plan on spoofing some other tampon commercials such as those new Kotex ones (I'm thinking of that one where the girl is sarcastic, but in my commercial, she is not sarcastic!) Apparently Kotex wants to "break the cycle" however, I don't know how well their approach will work in the long run...

Oh yeah, and that 80s OB commercial...

Perhaps I'll put my own script ideas for commercials too...

Oh... I wish I had some actors and a decent camera I can post these on Youtube....

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:04 am

I think I've also seen that actress in some sitcoms Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down