Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Meluna Design!

4 posters

Go down

The New Meluna Design! Empty The New Meluna Design!

Post  Melissa569 Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm so happy, now Meluna has a lovely new design! The ring stems are thicker (and I think more smooth) so they won't break. And now ALL their cups have nice grip rings at the base, to make removal more easy.

Thanks to Teresa, for posting the lovely photos of the new design: http://www.flickr.com/photos/feminine-wear/sets/72157624315291904/
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The New Meluna Design! Empty Re: The New Meluna Design!

Post  Serpent Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi!
According to your stiffness charts the old ones (S&L) are about in between the small and large Lunette (the only ones I've used/seen in a shop, respectively). What about these new ones? Smile Do I get it right that there are also new style stemless cups? I can't seem to find pictures anywhere:/

ahh it's pleasant to just stare at this forum. like you, i really love purple too I love you
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:27 am

Its my understanding that the stemless cups got the same upgrades as all the other cups.

The medium Meluna is closer to the large Lunette in stiffness, I think. I hanen't seen a picture of the new stemless ones though either.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Hm, so are they stiffer than the older ones?
I found both a co-op order in Moscow and someone with an old meluna S that turned out too small for her so she's selling it. Can a ball stem be cut off though? ( Crying or Very sad it's so cute but i know it WILL stick out...)

Or am I likely to run into the same problem as with the small lunette and is it better to just keep on trying? bounce
Serpent
Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:58 pm

If you are fairly sure that a bass stem would stick out, then the one with no stem might be better. But I suppose if you were *VERY* careful, you could trim off a ball stem. It would be tricky though, as the bottom of a meluna is a bit thin behind the ball stem. I say "proceed with caution" Smile

To me, the new cups have the same stiffness as the old ones. But I like the new outer finish, its better for gripping and goes in more smoothly I think. If the cup you have right now works ok and is comfortable, you can keep it. But if you feel like you want to try the new design, or possibly a larger size to hold more flow, then I see nothing wrong with trying a different one (assuming it won't hurt your pocket book any to do so). Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm

lol no, as a virgin i'm very sure i wouldn't be able to use their 45mm wide medium&large. on the superlow cervix day i mentioned in my cup journal, about a half of my lunette stuck out for a while after insertion&each bathroom use, and last period (when i didn't have a cup yet) my cervix was there for the whole period, so maybe i need something even shorter.

it's just that the girl selling a cup has one with a ball stem, so that's the cheapest cup i can get Laughing it's also purple too but if the stiffness is the same i think i'll get a new one if i do...btw someone told me @ lj that according to german messageboards, meluna is going to release a softer model too Surprised so much variety from the same company!
Serpent
Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:40 pm

just wanted to share,
today i went to our store to buy the smallest Meluna for my light days and they had couple of the old styled Melunas and the new ones as well - and i really like the new desigh with the grip rings and nicer colours and surface and everything. too bad they didn't have the white one with ball, just with ring and stem:( and those violet ones! whoa... i had to keep telling myself i just need one, no more, just one...Smile
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:19 pm

lol i got the notification and saw my own comment and wow Laughing things can change so fast, just several days later i was told a wider cup could help with the stick out issue because its inside diameter would allow it to accomodate my cervix... and now i'm using a large ladycup and thinking of getting a medium meluna for light days/wearing to uni when expecting my period.
i still think i'd have struggled a lot if my very first cup had been wide though Rolling Eyes during my first cycle, the fold used mattered not only in terms of popping open, but also in terms of size, and only by the end of it i was able to use the C fold Laughing although the meluna company already offers a great variety of options, they'd be perfect if they offered a cup about the size of the small lunette/fleurcup/yuuki which all seem to be very popular and often a better option for virgins/teens than the medium meluna Exclamation
Serpent
Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 am

isn't the small meluna (not medium) meant to be for virgins? (just curious, i have the small fleurcup as well and it is smaller than this.)
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:21 am

The small (of pretty much any brand) can be for virgins, but also women with a very light flow. I am 29 and married/sexually active. But on the last day of my period, when my cycle is very light, a small Meluna works great.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 am

thanks,
it's just that Melunas have three sizes, so that's a bit confusing. (all the other brands have only two, so it was easier to choose for me.)
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:12 pm

well the new naturcup also does, and they're pretty different from meluna's three sizes. the official guidelines can be pretty much ignored, i'm very sure no brand would recommend me, a virgin with a low cervix, their large size but that's what works for me because i need the width Smile i think the meluna would maybe recommend the medium though because a low cervix sitting in a small meluna = zero capacity Laughing
i hope i'm right recommending virgins/teens who are struggling with the width not to rush to buy another cup, i think it shouldn't matter after a little while Smile
Serpent
Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 pm

ok, NOW i'm confused:)))
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 pm

well, the medium meluna has more capacity than the small one. and most charts rightfully emphasize it that the length and capacity are what matters most, so it's not uncommon for virgins to buy the medium one. they're more likely to struggle with this one than with, say, small lunette, but eventually it's likely to work fine too.
tbh i don't know anyone who uses a small meluna as her regular cup, it seems to be more popular for use on light days and for discharge.
i think the official guidelines are like this?
virgins - S
sexually active, under 30, no kids - M or L depending on the flow
moms or over 30 - L or M depending on the flow
this should be: virgins - S or a small of another brand if more capacity is needed. the small meluna has more or less the same width as small ladycup, lunette, yuuki and fleurcup, all of which hold more. and for a virgin with a high cervix a longer cup is much better.
Serpent
Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:50 pm

ok, now it's clear. i have fleurcup (small) and bought small meluna - i hopet it would have smaller diameter, but it is only shorter. anyway, great for light days, as you said.
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:00 pm

you're likely to get used to the width Smile like i said, i first struggled even with the small lunette's width on dry runs but now i'm using a large ladycup Very Happy
give it more time and if you do feel you need one more, look at cups with smaller rims Smile
Serpent
Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm

no, they fit perfectly (and i have small mooncup as well, so i thing thats enough, i'm done with buying new cups... i hope:))
anyway, i love them:D
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:56 pm

aw great then I love you
Serpent
Serpent

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:01 am

whoaaa, there is a new Meluna special edition "glittery" :DDD
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  purplelover Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am

Just seen a photo of the silvery glitter one and I'm not sure I like it, although maybe it looks totally different when you actually look at the real thing up close. Some other glittery colour might be nice, but I'd be a bit wary of sticking something glittery down there just in case!

purplelover

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:30 am

yes, it's like christmas edition...Very Happy
but maybe somebody would like it, for me - it's just way toooooo much... (and i do prefer the transparent white color for all my cups, even if the violet fleurcup - well, that one was hard decision:))
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  purplelover Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:44 am

galthea wrote:it's just way toooooo much...

Yeah, probably, but you never know, it might look nice when it's full Laughing I'm starting to see the point of clear, I was let down by actual colour of the green Ladycup (I still like the pouch though Very Happy ) and after all, it's not like anyone really sees it. Does a cup really need to be so pretty? Clear makes sense, but I think colours are dangerously addictive Twisted Evil

purplelover

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 am

that's why i bought all of them in clear white color, but i thing the colored cups are supposed to be safe as wel...
and when the cup is full - well, maybe it's like sparkling red christmas... ok, i won't continue:D
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down