Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i cant find it

2 posters

Go down

i cant find it Empty i cant find it

Post  ladybug9 Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:14 am

Ive searched all over the website for an answer for how much liquid an instead softcup holds in grams! (i couldnt find milliliters either) it says you can wear twice as long as a tampon, well which absorbancy of a tampon?! im gettin a femmecup here in a few days but im tryin to decide if i should get i or jus start gettin these more often. And when my mom (im only twelve) found a pack of these in my room for my nex cycle, she called me at 630 this morning because she found something she didnt like! She said she was worried about tss and i tried to tell het the dont cause it and she jus kept goin on on and i cant use em anymore til she looks into them more. Why in the world would she freak when she opened up the manual on how to use it and it said "no risk of toxic shock syndrome"! Anf thank god only my sis knows im gettin a menstrual cup(shes 24) and she said it was perfectly fine.

Ik im a blabber but thnx.

ladybug9

Back to top Go down

i cant find it Empty Re: i cant find it

Post  Lisa Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:57 pm

I am also looking for an answer to this. Maybe Melissa can help since she has the instead cups. I would like to know how much it holds in milliliters since I have a chart to compare menstrual cups to.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:11 pm

I filled an instead once to just under the rim, and it came to about 1 fl. ounce... But the tricky thing about instead though, is that its kind of difficult to determine the exact capacity, since the "cup" part of it is a squishy baggie, and the way different people's insides squeeze around it can play a big part in capacity limits...

ladybug9-- Oh dear, I hope everything works out! Please let you mom know that TSS is caused by things that "absorb" and cups do not absorb.

While many people use all different kinds of menstrual protection, most are fine. Its a matter of preference, really. But there is a big misconception that "pads are the safest". Not true! Pads have their own risk, that are actually fairly common... The proof is in the fact that over-the-counter vaginal infection products are selling like hot cakes! lol.

The most common problems with pads is that they:

1-- Keep the genital area WAY too warm and moist, and smother out air circulation to the area-- which is a major breeding ground for a yeast infection.

2-- As we stand up, sit down, and move about, the pad slides around a lot... This drags the bacteria from the back/rectal area up front to the vaginal area, and can cause bacterial infections, known as "bacterial vaginosis" (BV), which is actually far more common than yeast infections. This is the reason doctors stress that women wipe front to back, rather than back to front. And why nothing that went in or around the rectum should go in the vagina (we all need to make sure we put our foot down firmly about that when we become old enough to be intimately involved with someone).

So the truth is, pads hold just as much risk as anything else. Its just that people never kenw that before, and they have been conditioned all their lives to accept pads as the only safe way... Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Aah, thanks for the info about the Instead cup. That is good to know. I was reading about the cup on their site and in the FAQ's it said you need to ask the dr. first if you can use it, if you have an irregular shaped uterus. Once I was told I had one like that so I don't know if it would work. Grr! Always with the dead ends! Mad But I am not giving up just yet!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum