Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why shouldn't Instead be reused?

3 posters

Go down

Why shouldn't Instead be reused? Empty Why shouldn't Instead be reused?

Post  Lisa Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:28 pm

I think personally it is because if you don't reuse them, the company will get more $$ in their pockets. If you can reuse a menstrual cup, why shouldn't you be able to reuse the Instead cup? I am thinking about trying Instead if I can't get the menstrual cup to work.
Also, how many ml of fluid does the Instead cup hold? I can't find this online. I want to compare them to the menstrual cups. If it is too full, can it fall out of place?
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Why shouldn't Instead be reused? Empty Re: Why shouldn't Instead be reused?

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Basically, the company will not medicaly or legally recomend that Insteads be reused, because the FDA has not approved them for reuse. The company and FDA may argue that the corners, edges, and wrinkly baggie material may be difficult to thoroughly clean...?? Although some people feel differently. I do know people who wash and reuse them, by their own personal choice. Not for as long as they would a reusable cup, of course, because they are not as durable. Most of them use maybe one instead per period, or something.

Of course from a legal standpoint, I too cannot "recomend" that it be reused, lol. I'm simply repeating what others have told me about their own personal choices.

Its legal issues, basically. Products can only be recomended for what they are approved for. Smile

Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Aah, I see what you mean now. On their site they didn't actually say "no" they just said that they are designed for one use. Laughing What is that baggie actually made out of??
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:32 pm

I checked out the website. It says Instead softcup is made from "polymeric material that has been used safely for more than 20 years in health care products such as catheters and baby bottle nipples" Smile

To me, it feels sort of like those plastic zip sandwish bags... But the bag is thicker on the sides (just under the ring) than it is at the bottom. I think that's to make it a little durable for removal. Its pretty strong. Kind of makes a "crinkly" noise, like a plastic grocery store bag (but again, its stronger).

The ring is pretty firm, but still bendable and smooth.

Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  ankhst Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 am

it reminds me of cheap shower cap material.
ankhst
ankhst

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:30 am

ankhst-- exactly! lol. That's what I was thinking of.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum