Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing a Cup - Customs Tariff Heading

Go down

Importing a Cup - Customs Tariff Heading Empty Importing a Cup - Customs Tariff Heading

Post  KathrynSA Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 pm

I would like to import a Menstrual Cup from Germany to South Africa and I need to know if anyone knows the correct "Customs Tariff Heading" to use for the declaration please.

South Africa uses the international harmonised codes, so they won't be specific to South Africa only.

I understand that the supplier can just write "Plastic Cup" in the description field, but the actual "Harmonised International Customs Tariff Heading" is what I'm looking for.

MeLunas from Germany are made from Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE) and not Silicon, so that complicates the code search even further.

If a generic "Catch-All" code is used, the import duties coud be as high as 100%, but if the correct code is used, the import duties could vary between 0% to 2,5%! The previous time I imported a cup, the local authorities classified it as "Textiles-Other" and charged me 100% duty!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kathryn

KathrynSA

Back to top Go down

Importing a Cup - Customs Tariff Heading Empty Could this code work?

Post  KathrynSA Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:38 pm

I found the latest additions to the interational codes, and it seems that I could possibly use the code 9619 00 90 .

Any thoughts?

9619 Sanitary towels (pads) and tampons, napkins and napkin liners for babies, and similar articles, of any material
- Of paper pulp, paper, cellulose wadding or webs of cellulose fibres
- Of wadding of textile materials
- Of other textile materials
9619 00 90 - Of other materials

KathrynSA

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum