Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess this is a good thing, but...

2 posters

Go down

I guess this is a good thing, but... Empty I guess this is a good thing, but...

Post  Sol_i_nord Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:49 pm

...before I started using cups I thought my period would last forever. But now, I can't believe how short it seems. It lasts for 7-8 days, but with a cup I only feel like I'm on my period for like 2 days, the rest of the time I only need to remember in the morning and before I go to bed. However, this is really frustrating because I don't get much practise, figuring out what works best on my heavy days. This might sound strange, but I kind of want to be abel to practise a lot so I really get the hang of things Very Happy

But I guess this is a good thing.. sunny

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

I guess this is a good thing, but... Empty Re: I guess this is a good thing, but...

Post  Melissa569 Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:56 am

Its not so strange, I find myself thinking the same thing sometimes. Before cups, my period was like 7 days. But now its more like 4. Maybe 5 at the most. And it used to be that it was heavy (and REALLY crampy) the first 6 days, and light for the 7th day. Now its only heavy the first 2 or 3 days, light the last day or two. Very little or no cramping. Pretty crazy how its changed.

I always wished (back when I used pads and tampons) that I could shorten/lighten my period, but nothing every made it happen. Now that I have a reason to actually LIKE my period, its gets shorter/lighter on me. Ahh!!! lol. Guess that's what they mean when they say "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it".

Honestly, I think the reason periods are shorter with cups (with some women) is because we only have so much blood in our uterus to get rid of. And cups hold us open, so it can come out more freely. So we get rid of it faster. Not sure how true that is though, its just a theory... Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down