Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Cousin's Cup Is Discovered!

5 posters

Go down

My Cousin's Cup Is Discovered! Empty My Cousin's Cup Is Discovered!

Post  Melissa569 Sun May 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Some of you may remember the story I posted about how I converted my 15-year-old cousin Racheal to cups recently. Here is the link to the post:

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net/general-discussion-menstrual-cups-f19/just-converted-my-15-year-old-cousin-t168.htm

Well, Racheal actually lives with my mother (my mother adopted her because Racheal's own parents got themselves in "trouble" and cannot care for her now). Anyway, I was visiting my mother's house the other day. My mother's new husband (Jim) was cleaning the bathroom, and... He found Racheal's small Lunette Diana cup! It was in the cloth bag and all, in the medicine cabinet... Keep in mind, Jim is about 60 years old, so he was a bit confused, lol.

Racheal wasn't home at the time (thank goodness, she might have been embarrassed, lol). However, I did tell her later that he found it, in case she wanted o put it somewhere else. But Jim called me into the bathroom while he was cleaning... I walked in there and he was holding her cup pouch, peeking inside it, and he asked me,

"What in the world is this thing?!!"

I was like, "Whoa! Don't touch that!" And I grabbed the cloth pouch away from him ( I was sure that Racheal wouldn't want a man she knew handling her cup...). I did my best to explain it (he actually thought it was some kind of birth control device, and he was worried what young Racheal might have been doing! lol). So I set him straight. He was shocked though, as he of course never heard of a menstrual cup. It was kind of hard for him to wrap his mind around it, but I think he gets the concept now.

But wow... Explaining menstrual cups to a 60-ear-old man! That's something I never thought I woudl have to do, hahaha. He didn't freak out or anything though... He actually thought the idea of something resuable was quite thrifty! And you know somehting-- I've had to tell some men about these, and I find that men are often VERY much in favor of these, because it means they will no longer be sent to the store to buy disposables for the women of the house Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

My Cousin's Cup Is Discovered! Empty Re: My Cousin's Cup Is Discovered!

Post  Sekhmet Sun May 09, 2010 8:34 pm

LOL ohh, that is priceless. My father is about 63 years old and would probably run out of the room if I attempted to talk to him about such a thing. XDD My mother was always very open with my about sexuality, menstruation, etc. So, whenever she and I are talking about something "feminine" or sexual and my dad is around he always goes "I don't want to HEAR it, please. T_T" and either whines until we stop or he leaves. lol

At least your mother's husband seemed to handle it okay once he figured out it wasn't some type of birth control.... thing. lol But yes, explaining anything related to menstruation to a man in his 60s will always be.. comical, to say the least. haha. Hopefully Rachel wasn't too embarrassed. (btw, good on your mother for adopting her when she needed someone. That's really wonderful, not all families would do that)
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  CUPCAKE Sun May 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Man + Cup = Entertainment lol. My boyfriend actually thinks the cup is super cool. He's a very curious type like myself.
CUPCAKE
CUPCAKE

Back to top Go down

Post  LisBeth Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 am

I think that thanks God your cousin wasn't at home...it would be soooo embarassing for her and for you too (you would have had to explain about menstrual cups to a 60 years-old-man with a super embarassed 15 years-old-girl...) So it is better this way:)

Well, maybe the situation was strange at the beginning (I had some problems in explaining all the cup thing to my boyfriend, which is very open-minded and thinks now that cups are great!) but it ended well...it is so great that your mother's husband is so modern and positive toward cups.
LisBeth
LisBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Thornapple Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Sounds very much what my own pop would do XD
I never had to explain the cup to my fiancé, it was him who got me interested.

Thornapple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum