Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emptying the Cup Easier/Quicker?

4 posters

Go down

Emptying the Cup Easier/Quicker? Empty Emptying the Cup Easier/Quicker?

Post  CUPCAKE Sun May 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi guys! This is my second cycle on the cup and I love it. I don't have to go to the restroom to handle business as often and I have more freedom. However, it takes me forever and a day to dump, wipe out, and re-insert my cup. Most of the time is spent trying to figure out how to handle the long trail of mucus usually hanging out of me. (Wiping just doesn't seem to defeat the dreaded mucous.) So, how can I move quicker when I'm handling my business in the restroom?
CUPCAKE
CUPCAKE

Back to top Go down

Emptying the Cup Easier/Quicker? Empty Re: Emptying the Cup Easier/Quicker?

Post  Melissa569 Mon May 10, 2010 5:26 am

Some women do get that trail of mucus (myself included, but only on my really heavy days). Basically, you just keep some toilet paper in your hand and have it down there waiting when you get your cup out. Before you bring your cup above the rim, press the toilet paper over the top of it. That breaks off the mucus trail.

When I'm at home, I just toss the cup in the sink, until I'm done taking care of business. After you've wiped, that buys you a couple minutes go wash out your cup real quick. Because you're not really bleeding that constantly (at least in the case of most women)... In a public washroom, I find its actually faster to rinse with bottled water in the stall, rather than fiddling with paper and wiping....

Or if you do wipe with paper, grab a hand drying paper towel and wet it before you go in the stall, because regular toilet paper shreds too much... Some people also wet paper towels, press them, store them in a plastic zip bag and keep them in their pocket. Its better than baby wipes, because those contain lotions and fragrance which arent good to have inside you.

Hope that helps some.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyKrzy Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:24 pm

When I first started with my cup, I did what Melissa said. I buy one roll of those thick household paper towels, I dampen one, and seal it in a little plastic baggy. My purse is too full for the bottled water. In case it gets too messy, I am guilty of taking one tampon along, but the same tampon is sitting in my purse. The paper towel method is the best, and it saves you a lot of time. Just be sure to save the plastic bag!
The mucus issue is soooo annoying though. I feel ya on that. I just try to wipe as quick as possible. For instance, this morning I had to take my brother and sister to school. I felt "full" and I had to pee, so I used the school restroom. Those stalls were SO UNBELIEVABLE TINY. But I managed to make it work with no leaks. You just have to develop a method for wiping right before the cup pops out like Melissa said.
MandyKrzy
MandyKrzy

Back to top Go down

Post  msmith_1221 Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 pm

I have had this same issue. What I do is when I am taking the cup out just before the back half is out a run it against myself. Sounds weird, I know. But It breaks that line of mucus and I wipe up and rinse the cup out and go from there. But for me too that normally only happens on the heavier days. ( I'm also blessed to have my bathroom sink in arms reach of my toilet. )

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum