Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, I'm the moderator :)

+18
tialadanielle
noves1
sharon
quitterie
lily
Ravna
droodles515
PinkDagger
amaride
Sol_i_nord
nickerockers
stare at the sky
uk-cup
michelleke
Feminine Wear
Melissa569
Silverback_les
Admin
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello, I'm the moderator :)

Post  Melissa569 Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Welcome Ravna! Hope all is well in your area of the world Smile Glad to see you making yoruself at home here, I posted a reply to your quesiton in the "other problems" thread.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 am

Hi ! Very Happy
I'm a french cup newbie, 27, married, no children yet. I've been using a large Ladycup (orange) through three cycles so far, and I love it !
Thank you, Melissa, for setting up such a nice forum ! Very Happy

lily

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Lily, and welcome! Looks like we have a bit in common-- late 20's, married, no kids, lol. Hope you have fun here, glad to have you! Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Hello Lily ! :-D

Post  quitterie Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:23 am

Hello Melissa and Lily Very Happy

Bienvenue / Welcome Lily !

Actually, I feel the same way Razz than you Melissa ahah..
When I read your comment about 2 hours ago, I was about to post an "twinkle" answer as I'm French, am 27 and don't have kids too Wink.

Moreover, it's the same for my best friend, and her nickname is "Lilie". But she doesn't use any cup, (nor even organic tampons for instance - just "traditional" ones Sad ), despite the fact that my favourite subject for our conversations is the menstrual cup _ any brand of cup.. for the last 4-5 years lol.
She is so cool because she really listens to my generally ecstatic and detailed monologues about my vagina's and "I's" best friends héhé bounce . She does look interested but was first afraid about the fact it could bruise the vagina, could trigger the sensation of wanting to pee, be incomfortable etc.. and above all, she wondered / worried about the fact she may be not able to take it off..
But very recently, I had the feeling she might start feeling like giving the cup a try ! yes yes Wink
She even said : "Ah.. that almost gives me desire to try !"

And another friend of mine, whose forename's also "Aurélie" chose the same name as yours, as a nickname..
But she isn't married and is 28 years old ah Smile, and doesn’t use cups either.

Oh you know, Lily, I have one large clear LadyCup and it is one of the very best cups.. To me, you made a great choice as many other women feel the same satisfaction about it, as you seem to do....
Honestly, I'm not fond of the numerous colored cups (except for the Selene, the "black" (rather taupe, in fact Wink) and "rose" (pink) Fleurcups or the MeLuna S & M in their red and in their opaque black colours) _

But.. I always felt a little crush for the OrangeCup ! I love you

If a friend of mine would like to offer me a large one, I'd be delighted (even if I don't need a new cup.. given that I have many cups, and already have the LadyCup in both sizes hihi.. well..)

So, regarding the withdrawal of your cup, you didn't had issues with the slippery feature of the surface, when pinching the base of the cup ?
Maybe you kept the entire stem as it is _ as this stem is just so extremely fine and flexible _ which I didn't.
(I cut it off totally, as with all my other cups _ except for my brand new small Yuuki, that I haven't tested yet, even for a dry run.. - But the cup is so lovely !!
See.. the cup itself is rather short + the stem is round (it's a cylindrical shape), but "full" (solid) + the material of this stem is very smooth -soft + its end is very round = I'm convinced that the small Yuuki endowed with its stem must be very pleasant to wear. Despite the fact this stem looks *slightly* rigid..

So wow, I'm impressed by your success, because as for me, this difficulty with the slippery aspect of the Ladycup was real.. but must be the only little bad point I noticed about this o' so comfortable cup..

Kisses to both of you and to every lady that would be reading this.. hee… santa

quitterie

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you Melissa, yes, we do seem to have things in common Wink

Bonjour Quitterie !

I saw some of your posts on easycup.fr (I'm Céli on easycup, but I've not been very active there ; actually, I wanted to put the same user name as here, one of my nicknames too, but for some odd reason my computer automatically filled the name field with the name of my cat... Laughing)

I did have issues with the removal of the Ladycup on my first dry run. I was absolutely unable to get a grip on this slippery little thing and needed around thirty minutes to get it out... I found it much easier once I was on my period (probably because I could better bring it within my reach). Now I only need a few seconds to remove it ; I simply bear down, pinch my thumb nail in the base of the cup and gently rock it from left to right.
I didn't cut the stem - I don't feel it at all, and it sort of reassures me since my cup rides very high.

I chose the orange one because, well, I find clear cups very pretty when they're new, but I don't like too much the yellowish look they take after a few months (it reminds me of those old, yellow and sticky tupperwares in my grandmothers' cupboards...). And this orange one reminds me of nice things, like a beautiful sunset or a ripe mango Wink

It's funny you should talk about Yuuki ; I just posted a question here to know how the softness of the large Yuuki compares with the LC...

Sorry Melissa, I'm rather off topic now Embarassed

lily

Back to top Go down

Post  quitterie Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Héhé.. Coucou Céli/Lily.. Razz

I do remember you from EasyCup ! (Oh, humm precisely, well I must admit I remember having seen your pseudonym or nickname Wink there several times, but am not really able to say what were your thoughts about cups.. rrr.. well Smile ).

Oh Lily is very cute to call a pet, especially for a cat.. I'm rather curious and actually wondered if there may be a reference to "Lily la tigresse" (the French title for Woody Allen's movie, "What's Up, Tiger Lily ?" Cool )..

I love the English word you used, "cupboards" ah! tongue
I agree, yeah that's it.. totally feel the same about the orange colour, and this bright, "heavy" orange chosen for the cup seems to nicely fit the slick aspect of the Ladycup.

Thank you for having evoked your first removals (and thanks for I didn't remember the appropriate word for "retrait"/"withdrawal" hihi).

Okay, I will look at your question here, about the Yuuki. Smile..
If you feel like, you can have a look on the Wiki page, on easycup.fr, on the descriptive page for this specific cup.. = 2 days ago, I added some elements about this cup. I simply indicated the characteristics of the 2 different stems, for the 2 very different sizes of this cup..
Nevertheless, I haven't pointed out the type of grain of the cup, in particular in comparison with its cousin the Ladycup Wink.
Well I guess I’ll talk about both sizes of the Yuuki once I'll have used them _
And my next cycle should start in about 9-10 days (see.. I very sharp in my matter hihi).
Laughing

So I simply answer in a few words : Indeed, the texture of the Yuuki is close to the one of the Ladycup, as we could expect it hé. The Yuuki might be very very slighty more yellowish than the LC (.. that is much more transparent than the other silicone cup _ Except for the Moon Cup from usa that is really, completely transparent).. (The Yuuki comes with tiny yellow reflections ; but I’m not even sure that worth indicating this, as those reflections are unimportant compared to the real, effective transparency of the Yuuki.)

As for its softness : Well I’d say it is extremely smooth as the LC so it must be very comfortable to handle, and above all to wear, and rather healthy for the vaginal walls. But, when I touch the Yuuki (just as it is naturally, I mean without having wet it), my finger hangs more against the surface than with the LC. I could say _ in order to try to be clear _ that the surface of the Yuuki even is a little “sticky” when I touch, and pinch it.

That’s why I’ sure it must be easy to remove a Yuuki cup, even without its stem. This is even more foreseeable since there are nice ridges lines, on the external bottom/base of the cup _ and! Those lines still are rather soft (cool !) + they go up high (the highest ridge isn’t far from the middle of the cup I think..). So, all this must make the removal easy, you know..
Melissa and also Obsidian (on wordpress) both said they really appreciated this cup _ so frankly, I’m persuaded they work perfectly.

Plus, with its very smooth material, for now it is as easy to clean as the LC, even the holes, that are much smaller.

Oops there could be other details to write about Yuuki cups but I’m afraid that may already be too much (sorry Melissa, I’m not gifted to auto-discipline myself Rolling Eyes ).

(Oh, and the large Yuuki is 2ml longer than the Divacup, that already is a long cup _ that implies it’ll take a big place inside my vagina.
The stem on the large Yuuki is just equal to the one on the LC = fine and very soft/absolutely flexible, so it was so simple to cut it off. I cut the stem entirely, for the Yuuki L is the longest cup, currently _ We’ll see for the comparison with the Alicia in its M, L or XL sizes later.. Wink
Or even with the MeLuna XL or maybe the Naturcup, but I doubt that they will be bigger!)

Cheers ! farao (.. just adore all those various smileys!!)
Q.

By the way, so you do have the feeling the "colour" of the clear cups changes with time ? Question

lily wrote:I chose the orange one because, well, I find clear cups very pretty when they're new, but I don't like too much the yellowish look they take after a few months (it reminds me of those old, yellow and sticky tupperwares in my grandmothers' cupboards...).

I quite often read about that. Apparently, some women regret their cup discolours because of the blood (that must depend on the quality of our own blood ? Smile )..

Okay, but otherwise I don't really understand how the cup can get more yellow, or change aspect..
Or I must be lucky as I never experienced that ; and I don't even boil or sterilise my cup after each period.. (I simply wash it carefully with quite soft soap and then rinse them a lot etc.)

Oh là là.. undoubtedly off topic now monkey .
Stop ! haaa

quitterie

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Its ok to be a bit off topic, introduction pages should be chatty I think, it makes for a warmer invite Smile.

The strange thing about Yuuki, is I believe they changed their stem. Before, everyone said the stem was silod/hard. But my small yuuki stem is actually hallow and very soft. Its very much like the divacup stem. It was very comfortable to wear, I actually like the small yuuki, because it seems to be a lot like a small lunette. same capacity, close to the same size.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Yuuki stem :)

Post  quitterie Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:13 am

Ah so cool !

(You know Melissa, I already love this place and its soft but not insipid colors ; the rather big writing.. very readable clown..)

That's really interesting.. See, for about the last 6 months, I wondered about the type of stem on the Yuuki.

When I first saw the photo on the official site (yuuki.cz) and then also 2 or 3 photos on the Live Journal (menstrualcups.org), I had the feeling the stem was exactly as it is on the small Yuuki I received at the end of November _ except that I imagined it would be all flexible = a hollow stem but that would be shut Wink.. with what looked like a small round cover at the bend of this stem Wink.. that sounded so cool and rather new.. and very comfortable, certainly !
… "So it seems the end is very round and soft.. hum humm maybe I'll keep this stem just for fun etc.." (that is what I first thought about the Yuuki _ As soon as I saw it, I must admit many features looked absolutely irresistible on this cup Very Happy..
(On the EasyCup forum, there is a trace of my immediate passion for it on a topic writen by Lolita, that is entitled “ Lunacup et vaginite”..
I had been so talkative there hihi.. I also evoked my very first cup that was the Mooncup uk, but in a different version than the actual one etc.. hééé... adored this ancient cup Very Happy.)

Then I think I read on the LJ that the stem was like the Lunette stem (a rectangular form, and solid as you said, Melissa).. so I thought they had changed the design and i felt a bit disappointed..

Later, I saw the marvellous pictures and video you shared with everybody on Wordpress and on Youtube.. and so wondered where did the small round cover go lol (??)
And then, on Obsidian’s blog (“menstrualcups” on wordpress), it was writen the stem was solid or… (don't remeber exactly sorry)..

So finally, how possibly would the stem and the Yuuki cups look like ? ahah! Wink

At first, I only wanted to order the large Yuuki, but I’m happy that I took both sizes of it as they undoubtedly are different so that's heavily interesting to test both of them (and I feel as attracted by the small cup as the large one..)

The 2 sizes really are different on the Yuuki, just as for the Fleurcup for instance : The small Fleurcup and the small Yuuki, in comparison to their big size of the cup, look more rigid and their material looks to be a little thicker _ Err the small Fleurcup seems more cylindrical than its big size, more “collected on itself” ; but the small Yuuki just seem to have the exact same shape than its bigger cup (the small Y is very cute and pretty to me)..

Maybe you have seen the Wiki page, Melissa = http://wiki.easycup.fr/coupes:yuuki Smile
.. Ah so, I also have the feeling the small Yuuki appears to be similar to a small Lunacup/Lunette ; then added the Ladycup too in the equation (lol) as a comparison, as their appearance (Ladycup & Yuuki) are close..

On the large Yuuki (the stem is cylindrical too, and hollow _ so not any round cover at the end.. on my cup in any case _ just hollow) : On the pictures, we can notice that at the end, the periphery of the stem is nicely bevelled Wink.
I guess it’s already the case for some previous cups, but I think I also remember stems that haven’t got this simple but soft design in their shape.. (but don’t have a precise memory of it as I systematically cut off all the stems on my cups.. to me, I just can feel them and the biggest advantage of cups undoubtedly is the comfort they provide.. So I prefer to take off/gently cut any little thing and tiny roughnesses that might interfere with their cocoon side, aspect hihi..)

Yes the stem is a short one (about 2cm long), as the Diva’s one + and it also has horizontal lines-rigdes on it, contrary to the so smooth Ladycup that has a few and very light Braille points style on it – in very light relief ( There are 4 rigdes on the Yuuki stem.. equal to the number of ridges on its base).

And on your small Yuuki, the stem is very soft, but does it have the same flexibility as on the LC, or may it be comparable to the “stronger” Divacup stem ?

Kisses ! geek

quitterie

Back to top Go down

Post  quitterie Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:21 am

Oh! By the way, (sorry) Lily.. I wrote I wanted to note a "twinckle" comment.. but I actually meant "wink", of course lol.. Wink !

quitterie

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am

Oh yes, I've seen that page. Also, in the Yuuki thread here, there was a member (Lily) who might want to talk to you about large Yuuki, because she wanted to know how it compared to large ladycup. I spoke to Laura from easycup.fr and she gave me comparison pictures between the two, so I posted them in the Yuuki thread, as a reply to Lily's question. I only have the small yuuki, so couldn't be much help, Sad
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Hello

Post  sharon Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 am

Hi everyone! I'm Sharon, 26 (will be 27 in a week though). I live in the exciting state of South Dakota with my husband and two birds. We both made the decision earlier this year to go back to college and finish our degrees, so it's been a pretty interesting adjustment for us! I have three semesters left for my Bachelor of Fine Art, and if our money holds out I hope to start grad school after that. I'm a new cup user, but am extremely pleased with my experience so far. I really owe Melissa many thanks. I lurked on the LJ board for awhile and connected to your blog and youtube videos from there. I was definitely intrigued by the idea, but without all the helpful information you've put out there I'm not sure I would've been convinced to actually order a cup to try for myself. I appreciate all the work you've done educating everyone, thank you!

sharon

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:24 am

Welcome Sharon, and thank you! Its always wonderful to hear that the youtube channel and the blog is helping people. And of course, its great to have another new member here, I hope you find this place just as helpful (and fun) Smile

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  noves1 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Hello! My name is Noves and I'm 22 years old. I'm a student. Thank you, very interesting forum!!!

noves1

http://cvresumewritingservices.org/professional-resume.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 am

Hello Noves, very glad to have you, hope you feel at home here Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Happily Concerned

Post  tialadanielle Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:37 am

Since everyone is putting their ages, I guess I will put mine. I'm 30 years old and live in the Tampa, Fl. area. I don't have or expect to have children as a personal choice. I have an irregular period so some months are light and others are very heavy. I am most interested in the Yuuki large cup for this reason. My concern is products from other countries that may not have as strict of guidelines as the FDA as far materials used. Also as far as the security of ordering online from these other contries as well since am the type who still pays most things in person. Is there any more information you have as far as safety in product usage and ordering with regards to the Yuuki cup. Any help would much appreciated. If I could get it through you I would be even happier. Very Happy

tialadanielle

Back to top Go down

Post  MelCam Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Hello All,

I'm 33 and a mother of 2. I started using cups last year after finding out I'd developed an allergy to pads after baby #2 and love them. Wish I'd found them sooner

MelCam

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Hello!

Post  fairydust77 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi! I'm new here. Looking for some advice on my meluna, which I am having a lot of trouble with...

fairydust77

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Hello from Sweden, Gothenburg

Post  MsMenstruation Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 am

Hi all!

Lovely forum!

I'm 27, living in Gothenburg, Sweden. I'm a "Menstrual activist", I guess you could say. I'm on twitter @MsMenstruation. Do lot's of other stuff to. Such as tampon earrings (put them in your ears instead!), first period celebration cards, I blog on menstrual stuff occasionally, etc.

Currently I'm writing my Masters Thesis on the "menstrual countermovement" (guys like you and me) in Europe. So I might very well post something more about that in the near future.

Happy to be here!

MsMenstruation

https://sites.google.com/site/lovethecurse/tampon-earrings

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm the moderator :) - Page 2 Empty Cups all the way!

Post  Potter_fan Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Heya,

I am Pooja and I am from India. I recently found out about menstrual cups, around a few months back. Ever since I've been doing lots of research scratch  about them and finally decided to purchase a Shecup.  Idea 
I have to say that this is one of those very few things that really turn out as good as you thought they would before you got them! Surprised Very Happy I bless the day that I decided to go with the idea and I don't ever want to go back to the previous alternatives. I'm totally suggesting the cup to my lady buddies! I'm EXTREMELY thankful to Melissa who has done so much work towards educating the women worldwide about everything! queen *GoGirl!*
It feels great to be a part of this international women forum!! The environment here is so cosy and feminine.  sunny  flower 
Now, life as a woman rocks!! ^_^ Very Happy
Cheers ladies!

Potter_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2