Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help selecting cup?

2 posters

Go down

help selecting cup? Empty help selecting cup?

Post  azj Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:09 pm

I was hoping that someone could help me. I am petite, about 5'2" and 105 lbs, and have had one child...
I have no idea which cup to get. I have fairly light periods with usually 1 day of medium flow at the heaviest..
I am just so confused, because most things say to get maybe a large if you've had a child, but it seems that the large would be too large for me, or maybe not, and maybe the specific cup would make a big difference..
I am drawn to the lunette or the ladycup, but the ladycup sizes really throw me for a loop. Would a small lunette work for me maybe or are there some other good suggestions?
Thanks

azj

Back to top Go down

help selecting cup? Empty Re: help selecting cup?

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Hmmmm... maybe cup that is somewhere "In between" would work best for you.

I have seen girls that have not given birth use large ladycups due to their heavy flows with no probelm and ladycups also tend to run small so maybe that is your best bet since it is a large, but it's not too large.

Back to top Go down

Post  azj Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:08 pm

slovaksiren wrote:Hmmmm... maybe cup that is somewhere "In between" would work best for you.

I have seen girls that have not given birth use large ladycups due to their heavy flows with no probelm and ladycups also tend to run small so maybe that is your best bet since it is a large, but it's not too large.

So the large ladycup is a bit small? I'm confused about them then. I thought for some reason that the small was very small but the large was very large.... I guess I misunderstood.
Since trying to figure this out, I emailed them and asked them which one they would recommend to me and they said for me, the small, but I thought I remembered hearing that the small would only be good for virgins or definitely not someone who has had a baby... hmmm...
anyone else want to chime in? for some reason i'm having a very hard time choosing, and i really don't want to order a bunch of them, I'd like to get it right! Laughing

azj

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Hello, welcome tot he forum Smile

Selecting a cup is more about these 3 important factors:

* Weather or not your cervix is low (if you can easily reach your cervix during your cycle, then its considered "low").

* If you're sexually active

* Weather you've had a child

* How heavy your flow is

Height and weight don't really determine your cup size / type. As I always say, I've seen large women who can only manage a small cup, and I've seen tiny, thin women who use a large cup. Its amazing how different we all are up inside.

Lunette is a good brand, especially if your flow is a little heavier. The small is good for women who are "tight" or "short" up inside, aka have a low cervix. Its also good for women who are either virgins, liek teenagers. Or women who are sexually active, but have not had any children yet.

The large is good for women with more heavy flows, or have had a child. Also if your cervix is so/so, not really high but not too low. Their large is actually their best seller. Ladycup would be good too, but again, your flow level is important. If its heavier, I would say get the large.

My only concern is that having had a child, the small cups may leak... I've heard of women who've had children successfully using a small, but I think it really just depends if you think having a child has changed your size or not.

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  azj Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks for the reply!
I have just been doing a little more research and is it possible to get the lunette in the USA? If so it might be a good choice, or what about the Miacup... That one looks nice as well and I still love the Ladycup, although I hate to wonder if I'm swayed by the pretty colors Wink
As for flow, I would say mine is not too heavy. I usually have one day where it is a bit heavier, like medium, and the rest are very light. I have literally never used any size of tampon other than a slender/regular.
But I have had a child. And as far as my cervix, it really changes alot during my cycle and the one time I've never really checked it is when I'm on my period, so I just don't know where it is then. Usually I can get to it pretty easily.
I feel like I'm going to end up buying several.

azj

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:49 am

There are some women who are gung-ho abotu only havign one cup, and some women have different cups for different activities they like to do, or even different flow days, etc. I suppose that's up tot he individual Smile

Absolutely, you can get a lunette in the USA. From either of these two websites:

www.femininewear.co.uk

http://ticklemepinkstore.com/default.aspx

Miacup is a nice one, I like it. The packaging is so classy and the silicone is good quality. Its very soft. The only donfall to softer cups is they may take a little extra work to pop open. But they are comfortable.

Hm... If your flow is so/so, and your cervix is easily reachable usually, then I would limit choices to any brand other than Diva, it may be too long. Flow-wise, a small Lunette woudl probably do. But its up to you weather to get large or small, based on if you thing a large woudl suit your size inside. Also, the large is much firmer than the small. Easy to pop open. Since you've had a child, you could probably use a large. I have never had a child, and even I can swing a large, because I'm sexually active and 29 years old. I still use the small thoguh, because I'm short inside so its less noticable to me.

Flow wise, you might not need a large, but again, I think its all about vaginal size. If you think you are kind of like me, that maybe you coudl use either/or, then you can try the small. To help you, here are Lunette's recomendations, although sexually active women and women with medium to slightly heavy flows still use a small successfully (like myself):

"Model 1-- Small: Is recommended for women with light flow or who have never had sexual intercourse. The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches). The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch). The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).

Model 2-- Large: Is our bestseller and is recommended for women who have a normal to heavy flow. The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches). The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches). The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz). "
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum