Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering Becoming A Seller...

3 posters

Go down

Considering Becoming A Seller... Empty Considering Becoming A Seller...

Post  Melissa569 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm sure pretty much everyone who has become enchanted with menstrual cups has considered becomming a seller at least once, lol. Yesterday, one of our members here emailed me and said she was thinking about it. I have to admit, I've been considering for a while-- nearly a year! I've had offers from a few companies... I was jsut always unsure.

I talked it over with a few friends, and my husband, and I'm starting to think it may be a great way to work from home. I already work from home online, and contribute a small income to the household, but... I guess I would like to contribute a little more. I like being my own boss (sure I would have to go by manufacturer rules and standards, but that's ok). It woudl take a while to set up a purchase-oriented website, as I've never done that before. But while I'm checking into that, I guess I could take the advice of friends and just sell in forums until then?

I recently learned, however, that if I want to sell cups here in the USA, I will have to stick to the FDA-approved brands only (Diva, Lunette, etc.). Apparently, its ok for the non-FDA approved brands to sell to USA individuals for personal use, but they cannot sell bulk packages for a US distributer to sell.

But you know, Diva and Lunette are fairly popular and respected brands, so I guess its a good investment. I'm already so involved in this subject, I might as well get totally involed, lol. So.... What do you guys think? I for one think that if someone is really considering this, its a pretty good way to have a job from home. I guess when my husband gets home, we've got some talking to do, lol.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Considering Becoming A Seller... Empty Re: Considering Becoming A Seller...

Post  selloway Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 pm

From what I understand about being a Lunette distributor, is that you are not allowed to sell through forums and such, but only through your website. I could be misinformed though, I would check with the US representative.

selloway

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Hm, yeah I will have to ask about that.

Today on a whim though, I did set up a (free) online store, just in case I decide to sell things. Its very simple, no products yet, just a reserve I have on the side. So hopefully that would be satisfactory, I don't know. I did hear that you have to be selling a few things, so maybe I can line that up somehow. We will see Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  selloway Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Yeah, that's cool. :] I did that too. But I didn't publish anything because I don't want it to be misleading when I don't have stock...

selloway

Back to top Go down

Post  Feminine Wear Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:30 am

As you are in the USA you could only sell the FDA approved brands. Lunette, Divacup and Keeper are large brands that have FDA approval. You would need a website but some small pad makers sell the Divacup on their Etsy shops along side the homemade pads so you could try that. You wouldn't be allowed to sell them on Amazon and Ebay.
My son has just set up a website with Mr Site http://www.mrsite.co.uk/ - this is his site in it's early stages http://www.rapidmotorsupplies.co.uk/

I wish you good luck with this. You have my support. You do so much for women learning about menstrual cups and have taught me so much. You know all there is to know!!
You SO need to do this Smile
Feminine Wear
Feminine Wear

http://www.femininewear.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  selloway Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Another free website builder is webs.com. Which makes webs appear in the URL unless you pay up (i.e. melissassite.webs.com). But the one that feminine wear suggested may be misleading because of the "uk" in the address. But, whichever one works best for you. :]

The only concern I would have about you becoming a seller would be you becoming, or appearing biased because of the pay. I think you could stay away from this easily, but you don't want people thinking you are suggesting a cup just because you are selling that one. :]

selloway

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:54 pm

I agree, I think I should do it. Thanks for the support! Smile I did use this website to set up a store:

http://www.ecrater.com/admin/welcome.php?sida=3a96bec4a61e040585a187591070a0d0

Of course, I didn't post any products or anything, because as sellaway said, I don't have stock yet... Until I get stock, Its just going to be my reserved account, with a small logo. I think I will call my store "Lady Freedom" because I want the products I sell to... Well, give ladies some freedom Smile

I'll ask them if that's ok. At least for now. I could always expand to something more fancy later. But I can find little products to sell, if the Diva and Lunette require that I be selling something first. I can sell bath and beauty products, stuff like that. My mom knows lots of women who make and sell pretty little bath and beauty gift baskets, so I can get some nice products at great discounts, and sell them.

Last edited by Melissa569 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:04 pm

True, I will still be fair. This is kind of silly, but I was watching that movie "The Prince And I" (I think that's what its called), and while visiting his girlfriend's farming family, Prince Edward learned that "we (businesses, especially small ones) are all codependent". If we all back stab each other, we will eventually all fall.

So regardless of what I sell-- if I think Yuuki or Meluna is the best cup for someone, then I will say that. But If someone has a low cervix and a heavy flow, I can also say, "Good cups for that are small Yuuki, small lunette, small Fleurcup-- I also sell lunette." etc.

I think people would respect that. Sort of like that movie "Miracle on 34th street" where the Macey's company gained a lot of respect by honestly re-directing customers to stores that carried exactly what they are looking for, if they themselves didn't have it. I would likely point them toward private sellers like myself too Smile

I don't wanna be dishonest and cut-throat. True, business is business... But if you don't have the respect of your customers, you don't really have anything.

Last edited by Melissa569 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  selloway Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:09 pm

Yes, I think people could very well respect that. And some people couldn't bring themselves to do that because of the worry of "losing a sale". Bu.t from what I know of you, you are honest and kind, and just out for other's best option.

For store names, I was only experimenting, but mine (temporarily) was "A Mother's Nature". Because, it's true, periods are a natural thing.

selloway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down