Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

right cup for me

3 posters

Go down

right cup for me Empty right cup for me

Post  cyporacohen Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:23 am

Hi,
This has been the second month I've tried to use a mooncup uk. I really think the idea is great and can't wait to get it working for me. I don't have any trouble getting it in and in position but whenever I start walking around etc it starts to come out (making me sore). I think it's probably because I have a quite low cervix. I've tried cutting all the stem off and even as much of the base as I can get away with but no joy. I also tried wearing it inside-out but also no joy. I've been thinking of buying another cup and was thinking about some of the small size cups which are much shorter but was wondering whether people think this is a good idea given I've had two babies come out 'that way' and it seems there's a reasonable amount of room down there.... BTW I've been kegel-ing away the last month to try and move my cervix up a bit which I think worked a little bit (but now where near enough).

Thanks!

cyporacohen

Back to top Go down

right cup for me Empty Re: right cup for me

Post  ankhst Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:02 am

What's your flow like? The only thing I'd say against a short cup is that they may not have enough capacity.

the medium Meluna is quite short (especialy without a stem), if you don't mind that it's only very low capacity. Many women say that it stays where you put it, rather than moving around as other, softer cups do.
ankhst
ankhst

Back to top Go down

Post  cyporacohen Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:04 am

um, not sure about my flow, it's a bit hard to tell with pads, medium?

to be honest I don't mind emptying it more often if it's got low capacity, as long as I can get it working

i've just checked your trusty spreadsheet, it seems that the medium Meluna has a larger capacity than my uk mooncup (which I didn't fill up overnight) so I guess it should be ok.

Right, I'm going to get a medium Meluna, hope it works, thanks for your help! Smile

cyporacohen

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:08 pm

You can also take a look at the "Moderator's Photo Library" I put up here in the main forum. I put all the comparison photos of the brands I have. It can give you a good idea of how other cups compare to yours.

I agree, a smaller cup might need to be changed a little mroe often, but if its more comfortable to wear, then it may be worth it. Thus far, there are 3 cups I know of that are slightly less "bulky" than small Mooncup UK in the rim and base, but still actually hold more liquid: Small Yuuki, Small Lunette, Small Fleurcup. Although small fluercup's rim is thinner, is is still flared, and its grips are fairly pronounce.

But one of those brands might help Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum