Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My free sample from a potential ally

3 posters

Go down

My free sample from a potential ally Empty My free sample from a potential ally

Post  Guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:31 pm

One day in June, a box came in the mail. It was a little black box with little white swirls and said "Hey sister, open me!" on it and it was addressed to my mom. I assumed it was just maybe a sample for make-up since my mom used to sell make-up to help pay for my private school tuition before she got a job as a broker at Smith Barney who also helped maintain their computers. Anyways, I was breaking out like crazy (probably because my period was coming because my breasts felt bigger, plus I was acting really, really bitchy and unstable) and my neutrogena soap cake just simply wasn't giving me fast results and let's just say I was desperate so I looked around and I found that mysterious sample once again so I opened it once again expecting it was some skin care stuff. Well, guess what I found instead:

U by Kotex tampons, pads and liners! One of each! There were also lots of flyers in the box so I scurried to my room and checked them out.

Well, it looks like they are preaching the same stuff that cup companies have been preaching for years. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME MAINSTREAM COMPANIES! Even if it's just one of them. To be honest, if I hadn't known about cups, I would probably buy from these guys because I do love the colored wrappers and applicators (the only problem is that they are plastic and not-so-biodegrable) and the swirl designs on the pads are pretty too. They are so bright and pretty they remind me of a box of candy! However, companies like Ladycup and Lunette have been offering fun colored feminine products, cups in other words, before this.

Still, either way, it's sort of a step in the right direction. I mean, it sounds like they want to try to break the taboos (yet it's funny that they put it in such a package that made you think it was a cosmetics sample!). I mean, I saw a huge display at Meijer's the other day right in front of the pharmacy section on an end-cap as opposed to being near the back with all the other feminine products. That made me feel kind of good inside somewhat. They also seem to be trying to make girls more comfortable with their bodies. I think that if this is successful and this makes periods not so taboo anymore and makes girls more comfortable and realize that menstrual blood isn't a dirty thing nor are their vaginas and vagina is not a swear word, then perhaps they will be more open to the idea of cups. Just a thought.

So, what am I supposed to with all this samples? Well, I decided to maybe get a little creative and take pictures with my menstrual cup and the tampon that came with it and make a little comic which I'll probably post in my art section thread. If only my camera had more memory I could make my comics a bit quicker. I am AWESOME in MS Paint because I made little sprite comics of Pokemon and Megaman and other video games in middle school so I have some experience with it. Hopefully I can get a memory card to speed up the process.

If there slogan is "It's time to break the cycle" I say:

"IT'S TIME TO BREAK THE CYCLE: CUP STYLE!!"

Have any of you got sent free samples like me without asking? What did you think?

Back to top Go down

My free sample from a potential ally Empty Re: My free sample from a potential ally

Post  Admin Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Comics are always a good way to go. If you do that, be sure to post some of it here! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

My free sample from a potential ally Empty Re: My free sample from a potential ally

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:01 am

Sure! I already started taking pictures! I just need to downsize them which means uploading them to photobucket and forcing them down to size there.

So yeah, expect some soon!

My commercials haven't really worked out well because well, I don't have a working camera and actors besides myself! I love making movies, but... So yeah, my camera on the other hand, I can do that...

Still... I THOUGHT IT WAS SKINCARE!!! WAAAAH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  michelleke Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:16 am

We've had U by Kotex in Australia for a while now. It was my preferred brand simply because it was one of the few brands that the supermarket stocked in mini's. Plus i liked their twist off tampon wrapper (non-applicator). A while back their advertising campaign featured a beaver....

But otherwise, i love samples. Menstrual, hair care, skin care, i hold on to all of them as my emergency supplies.

michelleke

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:27 pm

That's such a cute commercial, the beaver is adorable!

I love getting samples too. I don't really get zits very often, but the other day there was a Clear Ckin facial cleanser sample in my mail box, for no reason. I was like, "Um... Ok, cool!" Smile

Last edited by Melissa569 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah, well, keep in mind that I'm still 17 so yeah, fortunately, I found some stuff for my face so now I'm all happy. Yay!

Last sample I received in the mail was for some mouthwash that worked surprisingly well!

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

My worst skin year was I think when I was 20, if you can believe it (teen years were so/so). I didn't have acne as in lots of it all over. But it was still a pain, because the rest of my face would be totally clear, but every 2 weeks, this HUGE, obvious and extremely painful pimple would just appear in the worst possible place on my face, lol. Like the very tip of my nose, or my chin, or next to my mouth, etc. Just when I got it to go away, another one would start, ugh. Guess my hormones must have been wierd that year maybe...
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Well, looks like they have a facebook page run by a representative and I did post a message on their wall basically saying that I was glad that a mainstream company finally caught on to the message that cup companies have been trying to send for ages and how although it might be a bit weird and you guys might think I'm a bit of a hippie, I use a menstrual cup, I support them all the way and if I wasn't a cup user I would definitely buy their products, although if I ever do feel like I need some backup liners, I will definitely consider this brand.

Well, she was very nice and she didn't think I was a hippie at all and she was pleased with my support and thanked me.

Well, I then responded saying that it was great that she didn't think I was a hippie and that me and I'm sure many other cup users can definitely be considered your allies when it comes to "breaking the cycle"

Let's just say that it was a good conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:29 am

Soudns like it was. And I for one think its great to think back on how you first came here, then bought your first cup, and to see you become a big supporter. Its not lways an easy first try, but its sooo worth it when you find a good one Smile

Last edited by Melissa569 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:49 am

I know, seriously? I really enjoy it though, I mean, it really keeps me, you know, involved like I'm making a difference.

Awesome! Someone on my deviantart where I posted my comics sounds interested in cups! We might have a potential convert! Just need to reply back! As soon as my period is done, I'll shoot more for my comics. So far they are a success!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down