Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk...

4 posters

Go down

Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk... Empty Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk...

Post  teckmomm Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:23 pm

(the larger size) if you live in the USA? I have VERY heavy AFs and this is what has been recom. to me. I'm excited to try this one out (I'm tired of having to empty my Lady Cup every hour or less). Is there some major restriction of the sale of the mooncup.uk in the US? I can't find it anywhere!
Many Thanks!
Melody

teckmomm

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk... Empty Re: Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk...

Post  Melissa569 Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi Melody Smile

Yes there is a restriction on Mooncup UK in the United states. Its because a few years ago, they and the US Keeer company were the only cups around. The Keeper company was the first to successfully market them. They got angry at the UK Mooncup company, claiming they "stole their design", with the exception fo the grip rings. So when Keeper made their own silicone version, they called it "Moon Cup". Then the UK Mooncup was blocked from shipping to the United States because here, 2 companies that carry the same product nature cannot have the same name and both sell here. It was basically a big spat over names and design issues.

I was going to send you a private message with some good information, but alas, I cannot do so with guest accounts... Sad
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk... Empty hmmm...I filled out the registration...

Post  teckmomm Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:47 pm

I registered - username, email, password. Clicked on the link that was sent to my email to activate. I thought I was a member. Did I miss something?

Thanks,
Melody

teckmomm

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk... Empty OK...I didn't log in

Post  teckmommy Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Hopefully that was my mistake??? Embarassed
Private message to your heart's content!

Melody

teckmommy

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk... Empty Re: Is there any way to get a Mooncup Uk...

Post  Melissa569 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:17 am

Yes, that worked. It no longer says guest under your name Smile Ok, I'll send you some helpul info.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sergio Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:34 pm

I'd like to add an extra info about Mooncup/Keeper issue. The Keeper didn't invent menstrual cups, as we know they were invented around 1930s and The Keeper is made since 1987. So we think at http://redcopadeluna.webnode.com/ Mooncup UK didn't steal any patent to anybody. Mooncup simply modified and introduced the present standard material used by almost all menstrual cups (medical-grade silicone). We think Keeper done unfair and unethical mesaures against Mooncup.

Apart from that, as Mooncup UK was forbidden to sell in USA, it's easy: if you live in USA, you can buy Keeper, Moon Cup (USA) or other American continental brands; if you live in Europe, please buy Mooncup UK or other brand "made in Europe" (actually!). In that way, we'll save energy resources and polution all over the world.

Sergio

Back to top Go down

Post  galthea Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Well yes, but ther is still this ethical thing... and I like to have the choice. (Anyway, I'm from Europe so I have the UK MoonCup and I love it, as well as other cups I have, just saying...Smile)
galthea
galthea

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:40 am

Sergio-- That is very true. although Keeper was the first to successfully market menstrual cups, they did not invent them. I have some extra info about the origin of cups, and photos of some of the very first models on my blog here (I linked the photos, rather than copying them):

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com/history-of-menstrual-cups/

I'm glad they are made from the modern materials now though, seems so much safer Smile

Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum