Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I expect?

2 posters

Go down

What should I expect? Empty What should I expect?

Post  Sephalility Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:50 am

Alright, I'm 14 an nearly 3 months ago I had my first period, but I havnt had my second yet. I heard that's normal? Anyways,when I got my first period it was the last few days of school, and I can honestly say that it was the worst 10 days of my life. I used a super tampon and a super pad and at my second hour class, I could feel it leaking! I had to tell my male teacher I had female problems. Anyways, long story short, I got scared and had to go home for a change of clothes. So I found out about this "diva cup" and it sounded great. Now, for the questions. So my period was really heavy during the first 4 days, would the diva be able to hold a lot?
Also, does your cervix go up or down while your on your period? Sorry for such a long post, but I haunt even gotten my second period yet and I just want to know what to expect with the cup.
Thank you! Very Happy

Sephalility

Back to top Go down

What should I expect? Empty Re: What should I expect?

Post  Melissa569 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 am

Welcome to the forum dear, glad to have you Smile

There are lots of different brands of menstrual cups, and sizes. I have comparison photos of them in the "Moderator's Photo Lubrary" here int his forum. Its faster to click this link though: http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net/moderator-s-photo-library-f52/

There, you can browse all the brands and see how they compare.

It sounds like you have quite a heavy flow. Worthy of the mroe "high capacity" cups. Most girls will start their period between the ages of 11 and 14. Most these days are 11 and 12, but I think it really depends on genetics. Also, todays generations are starting a bit earlier than past generations. My grandmother said when she was young, none fo the girls had epriods at 11 and 12. They all hit around 14 to 17! But now, again, the average is 12. Some say its because of growth hormones in milk and meat, causing our bodies to mature sooner? I have noticed that in photos of girls in the 30's, 40's and 50's, they are all underdeveloped and knob-kneed at 14. But now a days, girls are needing bras and getting their "shape" at 11. In the USA, at least, because we do inject our cows and such a lto mroe than other coutnries do... When I lived in Germany, this was not he case at all. I think it varies among families and countries.

As for the Divacup-- it does hold mroe than tampons. Abotu twice as much as most tampons, really. People with light or medium flows can wear a Divacup for 8 to 12 hours. But average to heavy flows, more like 3 to 7 hours, depending on how heavy it is. But of course there are cups that hold more than Diva, like large Lunette, large Fleurcup, large Miacup. Large Yuuki holds more than all the other brands, but that may be a bit big for a young teenager, a virgin, etc.

If you get a cup with good capacity, and you master its use, you should be able to wear it for twice as long as a tampon. For some women, the cervix can move down lower during the heaviest part of their period. In that case it would sit slightly inside a cup. I would say this is true for about half of the women out there, myself included.

If you decide to get a larger cup for the capacity, please be aware that it may be more difficult to fit. I would say start with a small Diva, or large Meluna-- those hold close to the same amount (a good amount), but are not as expensive as some others. Or you can try Miacup, or large Lunette or large Fleurcup. But again, with the larges, the extra width may take some practice and getting used to, for a young beginner.

Really small cups are nice for comfort, but unfortunatly, they will not hold as much as the others.

Hope this helps,

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:07 am

Irregular periods are normal within the first few years or so. I'm still waiting for mine to stabilize itself. I started to notice a pattern after about 8 months but then it suddenly disappeared and nowadays it shows up with no regularity at all. It's been almost 9 weeks since my last period and I'm getting tired of waiting. Most girls in my age already know when to expect theirs, whereas I who got my first period really late (I was a couple of months from my 16th birthday!) have to struggle with uncertainty.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephalility Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Well, Im sick of waiting for my second period. I want it to come after I get my cup but before school starts! But hopefully it will Very Happy

Thanks for all the info/advice, I really appreciate it :DD Also, best of luck Humana (:

Sephalility

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum