Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger Holes

2 posters

Go down

Bigger Holes Empty Bigger Holes

Post  telula Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has made the holes bigger in their menstrual cups and what the benifit would be of doing so. I just went through my first period ever with my DivaCup, and the only other cup I've used is the Instead Softcup. I had a bit of trouble getting the DivaCup to open (it kinda unfolded from the punch-down fold into a flat-like-a-pancake fold) and it took some manouvering to make it pop open. (I didn't have any difficulty in removing it.) So I would like to know if anyone else has had this happen and if making the holes bigger would help.

Thanks!

telula

Back to top Go down

Bigger Holes Empty Re: Bigger Holes

Post  Melissa569 Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:05 am

I've never done it but I know people who have. They did say it made it easier to pop it open and remove... I wonder if it would be possible to suggest to Divacup that they slightly widen the holes...? The only thing that worries me about someone doing it themselves is the possibility of damage. Like little tears around the holes that could cause the cup to split with time. I suppose that is something to watch for.

Now there's an idea-- the companies should have a "cup design suggestions" button, for customers to offer their opinions on what could improve the cup Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down