Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry run... maybe TOO dry!

3 posters

Go down

Dry run... maybe TOO dry! Empty Dry run... maybe TOO dry!

Post  Lisa Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:31 pm

OK, I just inserted my cup. Well I tried to insert my cup. It seemed like it took forever. I didn't wear it at all yesterday but I decided to give it another try today. When I first tried it earlier today, it went in fine, no problems at all. So after a couple hours I took it out and pretended I was emptying it. I could not get it to go back in right! My method was not working at all! I tried and tried. I put water on it. No good. I put lotion on it. No good. So I then put some lotion on my finger and put it up inside and took care of the dryness there. Then I put some lotion on the cup and I couldn't keep it from popping open in my hand so I wiped some of the lotion off. Then I tried it again and was able to get it to go in and open a bit when I wiggled around with it. Then I was able to use my finger to let some air in. Is it always going to be like this when I go to change it or is this just because I am not on my period right now? I couldn't imagine going into a public restroom having so much trouble, what anxiety! There's so many things to learn! It's harder to learn than tampons, that's for sure.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Dry run... maybe TOO dry! Empty Re: Dry run... maybe TOO dry!

Post  Melissa569 Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:57 pm

We do loosen up a bit when we are on our period, the muclses seem to relax. Plus there is the extra lubrication from bleeding. To most women, it does seem easier to make a cup do what we want on our period.

It sounds like even off yoru period, lube helps you. Careful with lotion though, it might hurt you... Lotions contain things like oil, perfume, someitmes glycerine, and other checmicals.

Oil-- Very difficult for the vagina to flush out, so it often causes yeast in fections by upsetting the vaginal ph.
Perfume-- Contains alcohol and oils (both can be harmful), and it can irritate.
Glycerine-- A sugar. Yeast feeds on sugar, and use of glycerine-containing products can cause yeast infections.

Store-bought or online vaginal lubes can be expensive, but you can try using salaiva/spit too (usually drinking somehting first will make it easier, it causes you to salivate more).

If you do manage to find a vaginal lube, be sure it is water-based, and does not contain glycerine (like Sliquid, or Moist Free, among others). Be careful of silicon-based lubes, since the liquid silicone in the lube can bind with the material of the cup, and ruin it.

Haha, I know all this info is crazy sometimes Smile But you are doing really good in practicing and trying. Actually, you are trying a lot more than some of the women in my family have, lol. Hopefully the Yuuki will be more argeeable with opening though. Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm

in fact, my way of telling that my period is really about to start (i'm on hbc so i know the day, but this way i can almost tell the hour!) is when there's so much natural lubrication that my outer ladybits don't feel dry after insertion. when they do i can be sure it'll be still empty next time i remove it, though i usually leave it in anyway Smile
wonder whether this could be enough when i go off hbc Rolling Eyes my cup sits more comfortably when i'm on my period Rolling Eyes one more reason to get a medium meluna lolol
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 pm

I can kind of tell down to the hour too... I get this light dull ache of cramping, and this weird tingly feeling all over. Then everything "down there" gets overly sensitive, and my mood gets strange... Like I could laugh or cry at any second, lol. I know then that its going to start any time that hour...
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:39 am

Hmm, I didn't know that about lotions. I have used them for lube and never had a problem. Gosh, now I may have to go get something else! Ugh. I am going to look at all the labels to see what they say on them.
You ladies are lucky. I don't ever know when mine will start. It usually just spots then so it isn't that bad. I get cranky and acne on my face that week so I know it's coming.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 pm

It took me a long time to be able to pinpoint my periods, lol. And once in a while, like maybe twice a year, I will have a surprise one, like no mood swings, or cramps or nothing, and it starts early... Crazy.

Last edited by Melissa569 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:23 am

How do you control it before it gets everywhere? I know you're not supposed to do it, but I always wore a tampon on the day I thought I was going to get it. Most of the time I didn't even get it that day. I am surprised there aren't women all over the US that have period accidents in public!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:50 am

For me, my first day is usually pretty light, just a little pinkish stuff, and LOTS of cramps. I know women who have a very thin, watery flow, but mine has always been a bit thicker, so I usually feel it long before it will leak out an show.

With a cup, (or when I wore pads) I just wear it ahead of time. But with a tampon, I would just keep one in my pocket, and run to the nearest bathroom when I felt it...

Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:32 pm

I usually get the period and then get the cramps. A lot of times I will stick my finger up to see if I am having the period yet or not and I can usually tell that way.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum