Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't really feel a "seal"

4 posters

Go down

I don't really feel a "seal" Empty I don't really feel a "seal"

Post  Lisa Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 pm

When I have my cup in I know it is open. I have plenty of air in it, this is how I know, and also it feels round. When I go to pull it out, it seems to pull out with no problems. I don't feel a "seal." When the rim gets out of the body I can hear air going out... or maybe going in, who knows. So am I doing something wrong? I never have any problem pulling it out. It comes right out when I pull the stem just as a tampon would. HELP!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

I don't really feel a "seal" Empty Re: I don't really feel a "seal"

Post  ankhst Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 am

Unless it leaks, I don't think you need to worry.

It doesn't have to be a fight to get it in and out, and it doesn't have to be a complicated learning curve either, you may just have it right first time. Very Happy
ankhst
ankhst

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:23 am

The suction is different for everyone, I think. And also different with each brand of cup... Some cups will just come right out without a problem (and still nto leak). Other cups, it can be a challenge to break the seal sometimes.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:41 am

OK ladies. I have just gotten my period last night and used my cup overnight. Most of the menstrual fluid went in the cup but I had some leaks in my underwear. Mad Why would this be? I can't think of why I would be doing it wrong. I am pretty sure my cervix is high. I know that my cup is totally full of air. I read in another post that too much air can cause residual blood. As you may know, the way I get the cup to open is by punch folding it and then putting it in slightly, then pulling it out and letting it fill with air, and then coaxing it in. So my cup is full with air, totally. Is this why it had that little leak last night? I've been up only around a half hour. I have checked the cup again and there is no leaking yet. I will report if there is a leak, you better believe it!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:01 pm

It might just be a little residual blood. I can eliminate most residual blood by allowing the cup to pop open halfway in, and then coaxing it up the rest of the way. That sort of allows it to collect residual blood on the way up.

You can sometimes get a stronger suction by doing something called "burping" the cup (yeah, I know, haha). Once the cup is in and totally open, you gently squeeze the base, or slightly press on the side, until a small buble of air comes out (but not enough to cause the side to cave in).

As the blood fills the cup, the air that was once in there now has to move out to make room for mroe blood. Its an air/liquid space trade. This is why most of us will feel a few air bubbles leak out when our cup is full (not blood just air) and we know it needs to be emptied. Its kind of like that telltale bubbly feeling you get when a tampon is full.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:18 am

That is usually what I do, open it up and then coax it in. I tried to squeeze the bottom to let a little air out. That is what I have tried the last 2 times. I had a little bit of pink blood on my underwear, again nothing to worry about, and less than the first time. We will see what happens tomorrow morning! I hope there isn't a lake! I am hoping and praying I got it right!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  msmith_1221 Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 pm

I have noticed that if I don't wipe up down there after putting the cup in, there can be a spot in my undies. When we empty our cups the blood flows free for the time it takes to rinse out the cup and get it back in. So remember to take a wet wipe or toilet paper and wipe well so you can clean the free flow from emptying the cup. Just a thought. What i do is take a wet wipe and clean at the bottom of the cup after it's in place again, just to be sure that my undies stay clean. Hope this helps.

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down