Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name for your period before and after discovering and/or using menstrual cups

+12
Sekhmet
hairballsplat
Rheatheylia
K12404
littlemissy
Feminine Wear
Kammioderin
LisBeth
Melissa569
uk-cup
PinkDagger
amthripp
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Name for your period before and after discovering and/or using menstrual cups - Page 2 Empty Re: Name for your period before and after discovering and/or using menstrual cups

Post  testina_blu Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:26 am

slovaksiren wrote:I guess we can agree that the communist analogy is the best name for it so far?

Surely it's the most original I've heard so far! Very Happy

Before the cup I was with "my things", that's the way most of us call menstruation here in Italy, as LisBeth explained before; now with the cup I'm "no-leaking!" (yes, in English and with the exclamation mark... my mom and my boyfriend know what it means) Razz
testina_blu
testina_blu

Back to top Go down

Name for your period before and after discovering and/or using menstrual cups - Page 2 Empty Re: Name for your period before and after discovering and/or using menstrual cups

Post  Serpent Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 am

slovaksiren wrote:Okay, now I'm no longer being invaded by the communists, but now I overthrown the entire Soviet Union and ended the Cold War with my cup it feels like!

So, first I was falling to them, to being invaded, to overthrowing them.
haha great.
i don't use any metaphors but i used to think of this stuff in russian (literally "the monthlies") and now that i'm reading so much on cups, cloth pads, i think of this in english Laughing
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mellycup Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:59 am

If in a bad mood I have been known to say 'my stupid friend is here'. More often than not though I just refer to my period as my Lady Friend. I prefer to make up names rather than use 'period' - it just sounds so boring and final Laughing
mellycup
mellycup

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:57 am

after finding "the optimized woman" i now think of my period as of the reflective phase Smile
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2