Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! New fleurcup user here!

3 posters

Go down

Hello! New fleurcup user here! Empty Hello! New fleurcup user here!

Post  helloitsio Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I just started using my new cups this week and while there's definitely a learning curve, I'm quite happy with my purchase. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon menstrual cups but I'm so glad I did! I've been a pad and tampon user from the beginning and while tampons are a bit neater than my cup (so far), I like not having to worry about the fibers that are left inside or the dryness that I'd get. I have to say that it was less painful to remove my large fleurcup vs a 3/4 used tampon! Plus not having to worry about TSS is a huge relief.

I'll admit that I spent a good amount of time inserting it the first time but subsequent times were a breeze. Removal is still a process but the amount of time has dropped from probably 45 min to about 10 min this last time Smile...and without the sweating, frustration, and tissues everywhere. I didn't do any dry runs so I was pretty happy that I didn't have any problems with the cup not popping open. No major leakage issues and I've only had one instance of some mild discomfort when I first inserted my large cup.

I only wonder how some women can remove the tab. My cup rides so far up that if I trimmed it I'd never find it!! I wonder if it's a bad thing that I pull on the tab a bit to help bring it further down so I can grip the base? Any help would be appreciated!!

helloitsio

Back to top Go down

Hello! New fleurcup user here! Empty Re: Hello! New fleurcup user here!

Post  Seashell994 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey! I'm new to cups, but like you, I need the tab to "find" the cup! It's kind of fascinating that some women need to remove it. I can't believe how different we all are down there! I don't think it's a problem, using the tab. That's why it's there, right?! Although, I have heard that some people "cut through" it with sharp nails over time. Thankfully, mine are trimmed short...

Just be careful about grabbing it with your nails.. and as soon as the cup is low enough I would try to pinch the bottom of the cup instead. That's what I do, and it seems to work!

Seashell994

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Welcome Smile

True, it does take some practice at first, but its well worth it Smile I too thought it was strange that a little tampon could be more uncomfortable than a cup! That just blew my mind, lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down