Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Runs and Coaching

2 posters

Go down

Dry Runs and Coaching Empty Dry Runs and Coaching

Post  catherinespark Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:34 pm

A couple of questions about dry runs:

- How long can you keep the cup in for on a dry run?
- If you do several dry runs in a row (i.e. put in, leave in, take out, wash, put back in, leave in etc. - I'm 'coaching' myself right now) are there any bad effects?
- Are there any dangers from doing too many dry runs, or for too long?

catherinespark

Back to top Go down

Dry Runs and Coaching Empty Re: Dry Runs and Coaching

Post  msmith_1221 Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 pm

There is no harm in doing a dry run like that. As long as you stick with the cleaning and removal times. Like, you should still take it out about every 8 hours to clean it. I have done the same thing, kinda training myself on different cups. I recommend doing dry runs with cups, that way you can get a feel for how the cup works. It allows you to learn how to insert and remove the cup before it gets messy during your period. I did the same thing. It can be frustrating to try to learn your cup during a period. Do, however, keep in mind that the cervix might be higher while you are doing a dry run. I know it is for me. When I review a cup that is bigger then what I normally use I will do the dry run for the testing phase. I also think it's good to do the dry run, simply because, what happens if the cup doesn't fit you or work for you? It would be sad if you were to be excited about a cup and wait till your period started, just to find out that it was to big/small or something didn't work for you.
So, no it wont hurt you at all, just stick with the normal timelines of cleaning the cup as if you were on your period. Good job thinking ahead too.

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum