Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have done much research... still can't figure out the leakages

Go down

Have done much research... still can't figure out the leakages Empty Have done much research... still can't figure out the leakages

Post  ds Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi,

I know there are a lot of posts on this topic (I have read a bunch of them), but most don't really seem to help me...
Facts: I am 29, not sexually active, bought a DivaCup size 1 (the only brand available where I live), and have been practicing with it.

I have used a number of different folds, and have (relatively) no problems inserting it. Sometimes it seems like the top part has a dent in it (for lack of a better word), but I find that if I use the C-fold, it doesn't happen. So, I insert, try to twist it, try to make sure there is a seal (basically that it is round, not dented). However, after an hour or so (especially if I am sitting, then stand up), I can feel leakage occurring. Not fun!

When I go to check, the cup is nowhere near full, but there is definite leakage. It may be a size issue, but I don't believe it is (the cup certainly feels like it fills up the space inside). I have used the cup on both a 'light' day (usually days 1, 5, 6) and a 'heavy' (days 2, 3, sometimes 4)

From extensive 'research' on the internet, I don't believe I have a low cervix... when I poke around in there I can't feel it, from what I can tell.

Any help would be much appreciated! I love the idea of not having to lug tampons around with me, and change constantly (very difficult to do in my job).

Thanks,
d

ds

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum