Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to share those OMG moments

+4
nickerockers
lily
uk-cup
Melissa569
8 posters

Go down

A place to share those OMG moments Empty A place to share those OMG moments

Post  Melissa569 Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:21 am

This thread was suggested by a member of this forum, and I hope it will turn out to be a nice little spot where we can laugh about life and periods. After all, we could use a little humor during our "monthly visit from aunt rose" Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

A place to share those OMG moments Empty Re: A place to share those OMG moments

Post  uk-cup Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 pm

I've only had one OMG moment since using a cup.

I spent one saturday morning cleaning the house and was very pleased with myself. I sat down to have a cup of tea and felt the dreaded bubbling. Rushed into the sparkling clean bathroom and removed my cup, which was 2/3rds full.

For some insane reason I turned the cup over to look at the bottom of it (why????) and the blood went all over the toilet, the floor and splashed up the side of the bath. It's incredible how much mess 20ml of blood can make! No
uk-cup
uk-cup

http://uk-cup.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Oh, I hear that! Here I am last month, with it having been almost a YEAR of cup use with no spills or anything. I was so proud of myself.. Then BOOM! I take my cup out and, since it was my Diva with the stem trimmed completely flat, I decided to see it could sit upright on the counter all by itself (having a nice, wide, flat bottom now and all). who knows, maybe I was pressed for entertainment?

Anyway, it DID sit up on its own! Yay! I admit, I was a little more excited about it than most people would think I should be. So I clean up, and stand to go to the sink ang give the cup a wash... As soon as I get there I reach for the cup, not paying attention, and looking into the mirror instead... POOSH! Knocked the (3/4 full) cup over, and blood went all over the counter!!! All over my tooth brush and my most recent college course registration papers! (Don't ask me what they were doing in the bathroom, lol.)

After the "Oh crap!" reaction wore off, I looked up at my reflection in the mirror, expressionless. If I could have reached into the glass and thumped a knot on my reflection's head, I would have... Rolling Eyes
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:54 pm

This happened yesterday Very Happy
On tuesday evenings, I sing in a choir and we eat together after the rehearsal. We usually use washable plastic plates and glasses (easier for transport !). Well, yesterday, thirsty after having sung so much, I was handed a glass... It was a small, translucent, orange plastic glass filled with red wine. For one second, I almost thought it was my orange LC filled with blood... Strange feeling ! Shocked
The wine was good though Laughing

lily

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Wish they would have let us have wine after our choir practice, lol Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  nickerockers Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:20 pm

I had an experience in the days leading up to my last period. I decided to use my cup a few days before as a just-in-case because my cycle has changed a little and im not used to the new warning system yet... anyway, I work as a lifeguard, and I had gone and checked it. When I reinserted I couldn't get it to pop but I heard someone come in. I work at a country town so there's usually only one person on duty. Anyway, I figured I'd leave it and go serve this person, and fix the cup up later. While talking to her, I must have shifted and the cup forcibly popped open inside me.

The amusing thing about this is that I know my face would have been very puzzling. It took me by suprise, and lets just say it seemed to hit a certain spot... not that it was overly pleasurable, more that it was an odd sensation and I froze mid sentance with a big :O face lol. I then recovered and finished my sentence as if nothing had happened, and the wonderful lady went along with it even though she was clearly confused.

nickerockers

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 pm

lmao, its really funny to picture something like that happening, but I know I would be sooooo embarrassed! Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  quitterie Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:24 am

This is a super cool topic ! Wink

And it's really pleasant to discover all your nice stories _ deeply cool, indeed, even if it could have been embarrassing...

Oh Melissa, (sorry for that secondary question), but what does "Imao" mean ? Razz

I think i'll post later some little anecdotes too.. Suspect ahah !
Kiss.

quitterie

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:50 am

Ohhh, "lmao" means "Laughing my a** off" Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  radianceunveiled Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:14 am

OMG Nickerockers I just read your post and I too am LMAO. Wow as I was reading your story I was picturing the whole thing and WOW Laughing
radianceunveiled
radianceunveiled

http://www.radianceunveiled.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

oh yeah i also get a strange feeling while looking at wine glasses and other stuffff with a shape similar to cups Laughing
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  quitterie Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Ehehh, Serpent.. I feel exactly the same Laughing !
Or even looking at the top of street-lamps lol, there are quite many of them in Paris Wink...

quitterie

Back to top Go down

A place to share those OMG moments Empty A place to share those OMG moments

Post  Thuli26 Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:24 am

My word!! Shouldnt have read this Laughing because now I will never see a glass of red wine in the same innocent way ever again!! You guys are relentless. Lmao, lmao!!!

Thuli26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwibird Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Loved reading this post in October after my successful first month using a cup and then today I had my own OMG moment! Laughing

My fingers slipped while retrieving in the toilet at work. I was able to navigate it to avoid the toiletbowl but dropped my cup all over the floor! Lucky our floor was black laminate so cleanup wasn't too hard

Needles to say that bathroom break took a lot longer than I had intended! Razz

Kiwibird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down