Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Kitty!

+7
Rheatheylia
Kammioderin
Jesamyn
lily
michelleke
Feminine Wear
Melissa569
11 posters

Go down

Bad Kitty! Empty Bad Kitty!

Post  Melissa569 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:43 am

My kitty cat *almost* got my Miacup!

(long, but I was home alone, with nothing to do, and I found her actions quite amusing)

Story:

Ok so I’ve got this female cat named Clover. She’s a black, tan and grey-stripe tabby, with white feet and brilliant green eyes (sorry for the blurry pictures, she just wouldn't hold still, lol):

[img][/img][img][/img]Bad Kitty! Clover2

Bad Kitty! Clover3

Quite the spoiled little princess, to say the least. I take partial responsibility... Half the time, she is the sweetest, most loving creature you could ever meet, and does the cutest things.

The other half of the time… Well, let’s just say she will surprise you with her intelligence, but not always in a pleasant way. In fact, sometimes it can be plain scary, lol.

One particular thing she does, is that when someone offends her, she will hunch down on her knees and elbows, and give that person “the evil look”, as me and my husband call it-- since it is usually a sign of bad things to come... Then she will stand up tall and arrogant-like, prancing quickly and determinedly to a specific area of the house; a plotting look fixed on her face, while her ears are flexed down and back, subtly expressing her anger… You know the way cats do.

Where is she going, you may ask? She is on her vengeful war path, to locate a precious possession, belonging to the person who offended her, so she can run off with it and bite / claw it to shreds, of course!

Well, yesterday I caught Clover pulling open my dresser drawer in my bedroom, and climbing inside. Sure, it looks cute, but… My clean clothes were in there, and I didn’t want her getting cat hair all over them. Six times, I scolded her, ushering her out of the drawer and closing it. But six times, she pulled it open with her claws, and climbed back in.

The seventh time, I figured I would spook her out of doing it again. So while she was inside (I know this is mean, but…) I snuck over and closed the drawer. Not long, just a few seconds, until I heard her scratch at it wildly, wanting out.

Then I opened it… And god help me, there she was down on her knees and elbows, peering up at me with that “evil look.” Well, (prematurely) feeling triumphant, I said to her,

“Yeah, that’s right. Now maybe next time, you’ll think before you go opening drawers you’re not supposed to be rooting through.”

She quickly sprang up out of the drawer then, and we both went our separate ways. She toward the bathroom, and I into the living room.

Not long after, I was nestled down on the couch, reading a good book… When suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Clover quickly trotting through the living room, past me, and into my bedroom. I noticed a string-like object clenched in her teeth, and a grey mass dangling at the end. It was so fast, I couldn’t make out what it was.

My first thought was, “Oh no, is that a mouse she’s got? PLEASE tell me there are no mice in this building!”

So I got up and went after her.

When I found her, She was under my computer desk, knocking my Miacup pouch around on the floor, with her paws!! I kid you not, that cat went into my bathroom, and got into the top drawer somehow. Then of all the cups in there, she pulled out my favorite-- my Miacup -- and ran off with it!

Of course I got it away from her before she could do anthing to it (thank god). But I just know she was fixing to chew it up or something. I’m telling you, she’s a little spooky sometimes…

Last edited by Melissa569 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Bad Kitty! Empty Re: Bad Kitty!

Post  Feminine Wear Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:24 am

my god, that was funny. It's like having a 2 year old! Very Happy
Feminine Wear
Feminine Wear

http://www.femininewear.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 am

Right? lol. I can hardly leave anything anywhere, she will take off with it. Especially nail files and pens...
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  michelleke Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 am

Wow! That's possibly worse than a cat than can open doors.

michelleke

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:35 am

I can totally sympathize with that ! Very Happy
I knit and my cat likes to steal my yarn balls Neutral I managed to teach her not to play with them, but she still goes at them when she's angry because I scolded her Mad If she manages to find one (I hide them but she somehow guesses where they are), she takes it to the bathroom, jumps into the bathtub with it and gets at it with all her claws and teeth Evil or Very Mad
She's never tried to steal my cup yet Laughing
But she's such a lovely little cat when she's not angry cat

lily

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesamyn Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 am

How funny! I have a tabby with coloring similar to Clover's, and he likes to run off with anything he can carry. He's partial to bluetooth headsets. Shocked
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:22 pm

*Sigh* Cats… Can’t live with them, can’t turn them back into cute baby kittens (not that those are any less rambunctious, lol)
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesamyn Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Oh yes, no less rambunctious! I am so glad my tabby is no longer a kitten going on tears through the house at 1am.
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:08 am

Ur lucky your kitty stopped that.. Mine has her batty hour around oh..... 3:00am, lol. She squats down, then wiggles her butt from side to side, and then dashes across the room giving out this wierd growl noise! Then I hear this CRAHS! Or WOOSH! Or CLATTER! She especially loves to run through my long, hanging blinds in front of the glass sliding door in the livinroom. Makes this loud Ksh! Ksh!, Ksh! noise.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Kammioderin Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Sorry for the thread necromancy here, but I had to share my terms for some of the cat behaviors you describe.

The hunched down evil glare was called the "Big Mean Eared Cat Look" at my house, and the side to side butt wiggle before racing off was always "Revving up". In the case of Revving Up with our last set of kittens it always ended up with Grace tumbling into a ball as she was the most uncoordinated cat I'd ever seen in my life, usually catching whatever cord she possibly could and trying to pull something off the shelf.
Kammioderin
Kammioderin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:40 am

Hahaha, "mean eared cat look" and "revving up"... I like that, its cute! Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Rheatheylia Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Funny story, and your kitty is beautiful! The smarter they are the more trouble they can be, heh.
I'm glad my own kitty, Rogue, hasn't shown any interest in my cups, she does however take any piece of string and drag in into her foodbowl, including pulling out any crochet project I leave laying out, heh. And she's perforated all my measuring tapes Razz Then she just rolls over and looks all cute and all is forgiven, I can't stay mad at her, she's my baby Smile
Rheatheylia
Rheatheylia

http://www.rheatheylia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:59 am

Hehe, that's how it is with my littll kitty... Just can't stay mad at her. Even if she makes me angry enough to want to chase her down and yell at her, still, when I try to, she does this pathetic little thing--- runs about 5 feet ahead of me then lays down in the middle of the floor, rolls over belly-up, closes her eyes, then puts her front paws up in front of her face protectively, and desperatly whimpers "mmmeeeooowwww!"

As if to cry, "Pleeeeeease, don't hurt me...."

And that's it, all I can do is feel bad for scaring her, so I pick her up and cuddle her. Then she gets up by my ear, like "purrrrrrr".

Cat's... they've got the gift.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Feminine Wear Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:11 am

I want a cat! I grew up with Princess, she was my baby. Then I had Gizmo for 14 years and she died 4 years ago. In that time I have had 2 human babies. I think in a few years I may be able to let another "baby" in to my life. Princess and Giz came to me when they were ready, I'll never look for a cat one will come when we are ready for each other :-)
Feminine Wear
Feminine Wear

http://www.femininewear.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:05 pm

I kind of believe in “pet destiny” too.

For 14 wonderful years, my Dad had this amazing purebred Doberman named “Dobie”. He was so kind, gentle, and extremely loyal to my dad. Never hurt a soul and was just a big baby. Loved to run, and unbelievably intelligent. One afternoon, Dad and I were just relaxing on our shaded back porch. We lived in the woods, 20 miles from the nearest town, mind you. Dad was working on mapping the area for a big camping trip. Suddenly, a beautiful, purebred Doberman (young, maybe 6 months old) came walking up on the porch. We drove around the dirt roads looking for possible owners who may have lost him. But found nobody. Dobie just bonded with us instantly, and never left. Unbelievable!

Then my kitty… She kind of met me half way. After I moved back to the city near my mom’s family, I wanted a young cat. So I figured why not give one a loving home from a shelter? My husband gave me some “adoption fee” money, and my mother and I went to the local animal shelter to look around. When I walked in there, all the cats were curled up asleep. But a few seconds later, this half-grown tabby kitten back in her cage jumped up, looked at me, and started meowing frantically. She was reaching her arms out the cage! I looked and saw about 20 cat cages along the wall. All full, most cats just doing nothing. But that one tabby kitten was just raising heck toward me (in a cute excited way)! Lol. She was climbing up the bars, reaching out… I walked over to the cages, and the tabby kitten got more excited. She reached out and grabbed hold of my hand, started licking me, and clinging to my sleeve. I pulled away for a moment, to investigate all the other cats… They weren’t too interested in me. I noticed that when I moved away, the tabby kitten kept reaching out to me and meowed even more frantically… So I went back to her, and she got quiet. Just purred and snuggled me through the bars…

Then I called my mom over and said, “Hey, doesn’t she look just like my old cat Clover I had up at my dad’s house?” (My old cat was full-grown, and eaten by coyotes a few years before, I know because I never saw her again, after they came close to my dad’s house). Then I looked down at the kitten’s name tag hanging just below her cage-- “Clover”. I was like… WOW! Its fate! Lol.

So I took her home. And you know how normally, when you bring a cat home, it will run and hide under something for a couple days, and slowly creep its way out when its comfortable? Well, not Clover! I let her out of the carrier, and she pranced all through my house, tall and proud, kind of taking stock. Then I showed her where her food and litter box were. She just jumped up on the couch next to me and rolled belly-up. Looked at me and said “meow”.. I’ve had her for 4 years now, she’s pretty cool, lol.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:51 pm

I had a cat named Petey! He was orange, fat, with a big white belly. He was such a lazy cat. My mom had it a year before she got married to my father and he was around during the time I was born. He won the fattest cat award at the pet show for

Then I have a dog Lily who is a border terrier. Borders are little brown, wire haired, sturdy, leggy, otter-faced working terriers. She is such a cutie! She is my baby. She is such a smart dog, a wonderful little hunter. She is known to chase chipmunks and hold them hostage in the drainpipe. I love Lily... She is nine years old, but she still acts like a puppy. She is a forever puppy. She would always steal my used pads out of the garbage can and chew them up and lick up the blood then leave the chewed up remains in my brother's room. She really likes blood. Just another reason why I do not like pads...

Of course, I keep my cup in my underwear drawer. It's high up enough for her not to be able to reach. I mean, she could easily chew it up if she got a hold of it. That's why it's also important to clean it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:07 pm

LOL I can't believe I didn't see this sooner. What can I say, cats love to play with the strangest things sometimes! I do love my cats though. Sadly, I don't get to see them while I'm away at college but in about a month I'll be off to visit my family for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will remember not to leave my cup laying out where they can get to it. cat lol
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:19 am

It seems anything springy or rubbery, cats love, lol.

Another thing my cat just wont leave alone (actually 4 more things):

Tobaco
Sticky tape
Beer
Soda pop (particularly with a straw)

Tobaco-- My hubby smokes, I don't. And if he leaves a ciggy out, my cat will eat it! lol. Not the filter or the paper, she just rips it open and eats all the tobaco from the inside.

Sticky tape-- Boy, I have to keep that put away, she will chew up ANYTHING sticky and tape-like. Even those peel-away lint rollers...

Beer-- Again, my husband sometimes likes a beer at night. He won't drink it from a bottle or can, he always pours it into a glass... If he forgets to finish, or leaves it sit too long, my cat will get up there, stick her face down in the glass, and drink it! I can tell she's gotten hold of some beer when she's staggering around the house, meowing in an unusual way, chasing invisable things, and tripping over her own paws... Sheesh.. Also when she tries to jump up on a table or a window seal more than once, but looses her footing, falling on the floor like ka-thud! lol

Soda-- I'm not joking, this cat will grab hold of a fast food drink, and suck soda pop out of the straw! lol. I don't know how she does it, I think she's trying to be human.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  ankhst Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:10 am

oh crap! I didn't think about that.

I've just signed up to foster rescue cats - i'm gonna have to find somewhere more secure for storing my cups!
ankhst
ankhst

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:28 pm

lol Oh yeah, I've heard more than one pet terror tale online about cups... It seems pets like these springy, chewy things, lol.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Yeah, that is a reason why I hide my cup in my underwear drawer when it's not in use. It's starting to develop a bit of an odor even though I have been washing it so I wouldn't be surprised if Lily starts barking at my dresser drawers.

Back to top Go down

Post  CreepyCrawly Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:44 am

Okay, I know this is an old thread, but I just had to comment with a somewhat similar story of my own.

I don't yet have a cup - I ordered my first one, but haven't gotten it yet. I've been using tampons for some time now. One of my cats was hiding in the shower when I went into the bathroom to change my tampon, once, and apparently watched the whole thing from the edge of the tub. It startled me when I noticed her there, but finished my business, and put in a new fresh one, and washed my hands and was on my way. Well, Cleo (the peeping-tom cat of mine) decided that tampons looked like fun - and opened my drawer in the bathroom, opened the cardboard box, pulled one out, tore off the paper wrapper, and ejected the tampon from the applicator, and proceeded to play with the tampon, batting it around the floor, picking it up in her mouth and running around with it. My husband found the mess left behind in the bathroom (open drawer, paper wrapper, applicator) on the floor, and told me I needed to pick up after myself when I was done in the bathroom. I'm not sure what exactly he thought I was doing in there, and I was curious about what he was talking about, so I went in and couldn't really figure it out myself. As if on cue Cleo came darting in, tampon in teeth, and dropped it on the floor, batted it across the floor, and chased after it. I snatched it from her (had to pry apart her jaws) and picked up her mess. I am sure she liked the heft of the cotton part, and the texture being easy to snag and grab with teeth and claws. I moved the box of tampons, thinking that would solve the problem.

Of course not.

I thought the problem had been taken care of, moving it to a higher drawer. Hah. She waited until we had company over, and pulled her little stunt again. My brother's girlfriend burst out laughing, and said "Is that cat playing with a tampon?" I looked up, and sure enough, she was. Shocked Not only had she taken out the one she was currently playing with, but another 5 as well, leaving some in the hall, and others in the bathroom floor along with all of the paper wrappers. So then I thought "Hah. I've got her now, I'll just put them in the cabinet on the WALL! She can't get in there." Uh-huh. Sure she can't.

Of course she could. So we had to put baby latches on the cabinets and drawers in the bathroom. I have tried to find cat toys with a similar design (felt mouse, string tail) but she wants nothing to do with those. Perhaps it's only fun when she knows I'll chase her down. She still tries to get ahold of a tampon any chance she gets. She's even stolen them out of purses (mine, and my brother's girlfriend's).

At least I'm already versed in protecting my feminine products from my cats!

CreepyCrawly

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 am

Cats are so strange, and I think they watch what we do. I've tried hiding things from my cat too, and she always finds them.

One time, I went int he kitchen to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She sat on the floor and watched me make it, then put everything away. she loves peanut butter, so.... When I started walking away, she got up on the counter, so I turned around to watch what she was gonna do, with some amusement.

She must have seen exactly where I put the peanut butter, because opened the cabinet I put it in. Then of all the other containers and jars in there, the used her paws to pull down the peanut butter, and then proceeded to wrap her arms around it, trying to figure out how she could possibly open it...

I'm telling you, these cats are starting to concern me, lol Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ankhst Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:05 am

Melissa, that's so funny! She's almost the complete opposite of my cat. He showed up after the September quake, thin and scared, so I took him in. I thought he might make himself useful and catch the mouse that'd been hanging around (even stealing a candyc ane from the Xmas tree!).

Well...it's almost a year on now, his owners haven't surfaced so I still have him... and he finally caught the mouse. I had to trap the mouse and put the cat in frnt of it, but he caught it.

It's probably not a bad thing that he's that useless, considering how many cups I have hanging around teh house. lol.
ankhst
ankhst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum