Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiya: From a Not-Yet Cup Owner!

3 posters

Go down

Hiya: From a Not-Yet Cup Owner! Empty Hiya: From a Not-Yet Cup Owner!

Post  CUPCAKE Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Hello all, I'm a future cup owner. I finally decided on the ladycup LOTOS and I'm just saving up some extra money to order it up. I'm a college student so you know how it is with the money. -_^ I look forward to finding out everything I need to know about my new cup once its here.
CUPCAKE
CUPCAKE

Back to top Go down

Hiya: From a Not-Yet Cup Owner! Empty Re: Hiya: From a Not-Yet Cup Owner!

Post  Melissa569 Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:05 am

Welcome! I love my Lotos cup, its so pretty Smile. Wonderful that you decided to take the plunge. Just curious-- which size did you order if its ok to ask?

Also, here are some tips for removing ladycup, which I wish I woudl have heard about before trying it. Its just a few things that we usually have to figure out on our own after the first few tries, but maybe knowing now will help you jump right over all that Smile . You might have seen me say this elsewhere:

1-- Lady cup is a bit slippery, because it doesn't have grip rings. Keep a little tissue in your hand, and re-dry your figners whenever you need to. The more dry they are, the easier it is to grab.

2-- Pinch the base really hard, and rock it from side-to-side while pulling down. That helps break the seal. Ease out one edge fo the rim at a time (preferably the one in the front, or one ont he sides).

3-- For popping open, sometimes you can place a finger along side the cup to allow the air holes to draw in air, and let the cup open up more once inside.

Again, welcome, and please let us know when you get it. In the mean time, feel free to hang out and ask questions Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 am

Hello ! Another LadyCup user here Very Happy
Which size do you consider ? I've got a large one and I find it great Wink
Melissa gave you a very useful piece of advice ! I'd add that although some people say the LadyCups are too slippery to be used by newbies, it's my first cup and I didn't find it impossible to master ! We got along very well from the moment I understood the side-to-side-rocking thing ! Wink

lily

Back to top Go down

Post  CUPCAKE Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks for the tips! I'm considering getting the larger size because my flow tends to be heavy the first two days. I wouldn't want a mess on my hands with a smaller one.
CUPCAKE
CUPCAKE

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:00 pm

A large sounds like a good idea, if you have a heavier flow. Lady cups are pretty comfortable too, soft and they move with you. One thing I noticed is that my flow with cups was different from what I thought it was with tamons or pads. Your first day, you can just check it every hour or two, to get an idea of how long it takes to to fill it up. From then on, you'll have a good handle on it Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down