Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking to teens

2 posters

Go down

Talking to teens Empty Talking to teens

Post  upgradable Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Last Thursday night my daughter and six of her friends (ages 15-17) had a big pajama party at our house. I'm close with her and her friends, so when the conversation turned to their periods, I pulled out my cup and told them all about it. They were much more intrigued than horrified, so I'm hopeful.

My daughter is planning on trying it as soon as we choose one for her. I've given her the info to read, and am waiting for her to fill me in on her "internal explorations."

I would like some input on cups that you experienced folk would recommend for young girls who are virgins. Although I know that size is a personal consideration, I think that ease of insertion/removal and the least pain possible will really by more important than capacity at this point.

Could you give me some suggestions for them? I'm thinking the ball stem would be comfortable. Also squishiness for comfort. Please help me out. Thanks!!
upgradable
upgradable

Back to top Go down

Talking to teens Empty Re: Talking to teens

Post  upgradable Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Her Lunette Size 1 arrived today. I'm anxious to see what she has to say about it. She's on her period right now. I asked her last night if she had checked for the position of her cervix. She said "ICK!! My fingers will get all blood and gross!" I told her that was all part of the process, and we had soap....
upgradable
upgradable

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 am

Its good you are setting such a relaxed example, as humans in general, when our parents remain calm, we do Smile Sorry I missed this post at first, but I was going to say either lunette, small yuuki, or small ladycup, depending on her flow. Glad she got one though, let us know how it turns out, and tell her she is welcome to come here too, if she has questions!
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  upgradable Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks! I've given her links and am just working now on being patient (not my stongest attribute) until she's ready to give it a go.
upgradable
upgradable

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum