Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I Doing This Right?

2 posters

Go down

Am I Doing This Right? Empty Am I Doing This Right?

Post  NYCHousewife Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a Divacup size 2.

I did a dry run today. I have some questions, if I may:

-I did the c fold and inserted it. It seemed like it did not go in very far, but did make suction. No noise was heard.
-The stem was somewhat in and somehwhat out of my hoo haa opening....should the stem be completely in or out?

-It seemed like the cup was low...and being worn low...but yet I could not push it in further...

-I was unable to turn the cup at all...

-I wore it for about a half hour and then noticed some thickish white discharge collected...when it came out some was on the outside. I do not know if I will be a potential leaker or if it was due to the removal.

I am sorry if I am being a bit TMI!!!

The thickish white discharge was in the cup...not a whole lot...

I am slightly sore after trying out the cup.

I have been treated for BV and finished my round of Flagyl two days ago on wednesday morning.

I cleaned the Divacup with Diva Wash and washed my hands prior to insertion...and washed hands prior to removal.

Any advice would be excellent.

Thanks!

NYCHousewife

Back to top Go down

Am I Doing This Right? Empty Re: Am I Doing This Right?

Post  Melissa569 Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi NYCHousewife,

First off-- welcome to the board! And don't worry, that's not TMI at all Smile Matter of fact, its common conversation among cup users.

It sounds to me like you have a short vagina, aka, a low cervix. Divacup is the longest brand, so women who are "short" up there often feel it stiking out a bit. Also for many people, the cervix moves down and shortens the vagina during the heaviest days of your period. So all the above may especially be true during that time.

Its ok if you can't twist it, a lot of people can't, but they still use a cup successfully.

As for the discharge, if you've had BV, its always good to keep checking back about that, because once you've had an infection, its extremely easy for it to come back. But if its not BV, it could just be regular discharge. The reason some of it is on the outside of your cup, is because while your cervix realeases most of your moisture, there are also glands all up and down the vaginal walls that release moiture as well (not blood, just normal vaginal moisture). And naturally, some of those glands are outide your cup. That's a good thing though, because it sure does help with removal Smile

As long as your cup is not leaking, or constantly hurting you, then you're ok. Some women have longer vaginas and the cup travels way up, making it hard to reach. Other women who are short (like me and you), it will sit down lower.

It sounds like you are doing it right Smile but there are some things you can try that might make it a little more comfortable.

1-- Since you are short up there, I'm assuming the cup is easy to reach? You can trim the stem with a nail clipper. Some women (myself included) have trimmed it completely off. Just take care not to damage the bottom of the cup, like punch a hole in it or something.

2-- A lot of women turn their Divacup inside-out. This makes it about a half inch shorter, and makes it smoother so you don't feel those grip rings.

Give it a shot, and let us know what happens ok?

Last edited by Melissa569 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:35 pm

PS-- ask your doctor if its ok to use internal menstrual products at the moment. Some doctors don't want us to until long after they are sure its gone. I had an irritation-based cervical infection a year ago (not being gentle enough during intercourse). My doctor said to use pads the first cycle after treatment.

The other thing is, if you are chort, its a good idea to keep one finger along side the cup while its opening. Even let the cup pop open a bit lower,and just coax it up the rest of the way. This allows it to open more slowly so its more gentle around your cervix, and sometimes it pops open better that way.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  NYCHousewife Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for the replies!

Well I managed to "get it" completely! My period, my entire period was great with the Divacup. I found a few ways that helped with inserion-

Squatting -
Lying on your back on the sofa for instance also works

The C fold has been working well with me.

A few times the cup did not open, but I tried again and it worked fine.

I think I also insert part of my finger, and at times it is very low insertionwise. I have had no leaks!

So far so good! This is grreat!

NYCHousewife

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:20 am

I believe we have another convert Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum