Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here and to cups!

3 posters

Go down

New here and to cups! Empty New here and to cups!

Post  Sekhmet Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Hello all!

I am new to this forum, although I have been a lurker here and on Melissa's LJ community for quite some time now! I don't yet own a cup, but I am really looking forward to buying one. :3 The unfortunate thing is that.... I can't seem to pick!

I'm very stuck between getting either a small lunette or a small lady cup. I have very light periods most of the time (thanks to birthcontrol), although some months are about 'average' flow. I have never had very heavy flow, even before I went on the pill. I also tend to have a very low cervix/short vagina. I have looked at the sizing charts, etc and have narrowed it down to the Lunette or a LadyCup... but I just cannot decide! Eek! Any advice from current lunette or ladycup users? Very Happy Thanks!

*~Selene
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

New here and to cups! Empty Re: New here and to cups!

Post  Melissa569 Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Hello Selene, welcome to the community Smile

Lintilla and SweetRush mostly run the LJ community, I'm just a regular member there. Although I am commonly mistaken for a moderator there, because I'm so involved with cups and all, Hahaha Smile I created this forum, because I (and lots of other people) just seem to prefer this layout, you know? Its more typical to most discussion boards, and people are used to it Very Happy

As for a choice between Ladycup or Lunette... hmmm, maybe I and other members can offer a few things that can make choosing easier:

Ladycup Pro:
* Smooth, squishy, no grips, thus more comfort
* Slightly cheaper in cost I believe
* More colors to choose from.

Ladycup Con:
* No grips make it really slippery to grip. Challenging for beginners, but keeping toilet paper in your hand to re-dry fingers a few times during removal usually remedies this.
* Less capacity because of the lower, second row of suction release holes.

Lunette Pro:
* More capacity while maintaining a modest size
* Easier to grip and remove due to the grip rings
* Flat and flexible tab stem, easier to clean, more comfortable for most.

Lunette Con:
* More expensive
* A thinner rim, so may pop open more slowly than a small Ladycup
* May feel grip rings, if cervix is very low/vagina is very short.

Hope that helps in the decision making Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh, haha! Sorry for the mix up with the LJ community then. I agree - I tend to prefer using forums (which is why I've started posting here, and not there). So I'm very happy you decided to make one. I also love your blog, for the record. Wink And thank you for the well-organized pro/con list!

I am leaning toward the Lunette, just because I tend to have a hard time getting things out of my vagina in general lol. So I could probably use the little extra grips. However, I've also thought that I might buy a LadyCup as a "second option" in the future. Why is it that once we get hooked on these things, we just want more and more? lol I'm hoping to take the plunge and buy soon, but more input is always appreciated from anyone else who wants to offer it!!
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  selloway Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:48 pm

You may have already ordered by now, but if you haven't, I have a joint offer for Lunettes open! You can order any color or size combo and the price would be only $30 including shipping to anywhere in the continental US. :]]
If you would like to see the post, the link is here:
http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/2220098.html
You may also instead email me at selloway@gmail.com if you would prefer!
Good luck!
thanks,

~sara

selloway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down