Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternating heavy and light periods?

3 posters

Go down

Alternating heavy and light periods? Empty Alternating heavy and light periods?

Post  sophie Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Does anyone else get this? I sort of noticed this before, but since switching to the cup it has become very obvious. One cycle menses will be 3-4 days, emptying every 4-6 hours for the first two days. Next cycle will be 2 days total and I can go 8-12 hours before it needs emptying. Heavy, light, heavy, light ... Question What gives?

I'm curious about what would cause this. The only reference I found to this sort of pattern was describing the first periods after menarche. I'm 34, so I know that isn't it! Laughing

sophie

Back to top Go down

Alternating heavy and light periods? Empty Re: Alternating heavy and light periods?

Post  Melissa569 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Hmmm, I'm not sure what cuases this, but I have noticed it too! I'm nto sure if its cup realted, of course.. I can rememebr even using pads and tampons that maybe 2 or 3 times a year, I would have a strangely heavier or lighter flow, or that it would only last 2 days... It may be hormonal, or it could just be out body acting funny because we are treating it different with new methods of protection Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Alternating heavy and light periods? Empty Re: Alternating heavy and light periods?

Post  sophie Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:30 am

Oh no, I don't think it is cup related at all. I only meant that since I am using the cup I have a much clearer idea of how heavy the flow is. One can tell if a tampon is fully saturated, but short of that I had a hard time gauging the volume.

Since it's very regular light, heavy, light, heavy, etc., I'm wondering if it might be a difference in ovaries. Eggs release from alternating ovaries right? Maybe one of mine is producing more hormone than the other. Anyone know what hormones are responsible for heavier or lighter flow?

sophie

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:37 pm

as far as i know there's not necessarily any strict alternation between the ovaries.
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down