Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive!

4 posters

Go down

Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive! Empty Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive!

Post  MandyKrzy Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:44 am

As a lot of you know there are holes in our cups. A bit nice, but they're a pain when it's time to clean. If you've read you hear about "mysteriously horrid smells" coming from cups for no reasons. A lot of the time it's because there is stuff trapped in those holes that we can't see. My LadyCup directions said to use a pin to clean the holes, no big deal... but I didn't have one. I used an old earring post but it didn't feel clean. I was having an odd thought about wishing there was a "microscopic baby-bottle cleaner" for those holes. I went to the store to pick up some new G-U-M Go-Betweens (look them up, they're great for teeth too!) and I realized that they are pretty much exactly tiny baby bottle cleaners. I used one in the hole of my cup and I got out stuff I didn't realize was in there. I highly recommend you try them out, they are cheap ($3.00 tops) and you can reuse them. They even have caps so you could take one in your purse.

Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive! P90-1

Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive! Ultrafine

I put this tip in my blog so other women could find it as well. It really helps alot, and you'll know your cup is REALLY clean and not just "a little". It's amazing what can get trapped in those holes. If you have bigger holes get the bigger size.

My blog: http://therealhappyperiod.blogspot.com/
MandyKrzy
MandyKrzy

Back to top Go down

Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive! Empty Re: Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive!

Post  Melissa569 Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Hmmm, those do look very useful Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive! Empty Re: Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive!

Post  radianceunveiled Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:47 pm

i wonder if that would work for my cups as the holes in the Keeper and Meluna are not that big they are small? Hum i will have to got to target and look.
radianceunveiled
radianceunveiled

http://www.radianceunveiled.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyKrzy Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:56 pm

I did just get a Lunette in the mail from a lady who had one she didn't want (she got two on accident and gave it to me for free!). I noticed that the holes are much smaller than I remember. I bought the small size and they worked just fine.
MandyKrzy
MandyKrzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 pm

That's good to hear! If people ask abotu it, I can ooint them to this thread Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Another tool to clean your cups! Very inexpensive! Empty cleaning cups with little brush

Post  msmith_1221 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:04 pm

I recently bought some of the same type of brush from my local dollar store. And tried it on a few of the cups i have gotten for review (www.snappypads.com) and I didn't have any issues with cleaning any holes. I would just recomend that if your worried, go slow and wet the brush and the cup. I clean the holes under running water and use the brush at the same time. Works great, thanks for the great tip.

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down