Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diva Cup coming out?

3 posters

Go down

Diva Cup coming out? Empty Diva Cup coming out?

Post  jbandy Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm on cycle #3 using the Diva Cup, have trimmed, folded, reinserted a thousand times. I'm doing better each cycle, but it ALWAYS feels like it's coming out. I have size 2. I'm 38 and have 4 kids (my youngest is 11 months) so maybe I just need to do more Kegels as the package insert suggests? I've been looking at some other cups but WOW, there are a lot to choose from. Any suggestions? Or should I keep at the Diva Cup?

jbandy

Back to top Go down

Diva Cup coming out? Empty ps...

Post  jbandy Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm

I consider myself to be in good physical shape, practicing yoga, pilates and running routinely, so I find the Kegel suggestion hard to swallow...though maybe I'm underestimating the damage 4 pregnancies can do to a vagina.

Also...I have a tilted uterus and noticed on another post that this can make a difference. I want this to work and am committed to it, but think I may have started with the wrong one for me.

jbandy

Back to top Go down

Diva Cup coming out? Empty Re: Diva Cup coming out?

Post  Melissa569 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 pm

It sounds like you have a low cervix.. I do too, actually, so I know what you mean Smile

For some people, the cervix / end of the vagina moves down closer to the opening during the heaviest days of your period. Pushing the cup up doesn't really help, because the weight of the uterus and cervix wanting to come down will just push it back down again.

DivaCup is one of the longest cups, you can see it here, in my photo library, compared to all the others: http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net/f52-moderator-s-photo-library

People like us with a low cervix really do much better with shorter cups. I'm pretty happy with my small Lunette, because its almost exactly like Diva, only shorter. But if money is an object for you and you can't really afford to try a different cup-- you could try turning the Diva inside-out. This makes it at least half n inch shorter and far more comfortable. But only try this if you are sure you will be able to reach it.

Hope this helps,

Melissa
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Diva Cup coming out? Empty Update

Post  jbandy Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 pm

OK, so while the flipping of the Diva is working amazingly well, I think I'll be happier with a proper fit. I'm trying to decide between large and small Lunette. Facts to consider:

Low-Medium Flow (I've never overflowed the Diva)
38 years old
4 Vaginal Childbirths
Pilates, yoga, other exercise 4-5 times per week
Short vaginal length/low cervix
Tilted uterus

I'd like to say small would be perfect, but the smaller diameter has me worried about proper fit. (do I need one bigger around at the rim to compensate for all those babies I've birthed?)

Thanks again for the suggestion on the flipping. It's working for the time being, but I'm hoping to have a proper fit for next cycle. Wink

jbandy

Back to top Go down

Post  bridge Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks so much for this info, ladies. I clearly didn't do enough research about this even though I know I have a low hanging uterus for years (which is why I believe that tampons kept falling out).

So now that my Diva Cup doesn't really work.....I'm having a heard time pulling it out all the way (too much suction + too long), I wont risk the turning it upside down for now (honestly, my vajayjay's exhausted from the past hour of pushing/pulling). So I'm really hoping the small Lunette will work.

Lesson learned: do a LOT of research before you buy stuff! I'm so happy that this forum exists <3 <3

PS For the small Lunette....is it okay to almost completely cut the stem?

bridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:02 pm

As for the update, pretty much all cups (except large Yuuki) are shorter in the body than Diva. But you probably would want to get a large, just to have extra time between emptying, and for a better fit.

To help you out better, check out my photo library here, and see how they all compare to Diva : http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net/f52-moderator-s-photo-library
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down