Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm courious about the mpower cup!

3 posters

Go down

I'm courious about the mpower cup! Empty I'm courious about the mpower cup!

Post  Sol_i_nord Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:00 pm

There are so few reviews of this cup. I really considered bying this cup a while ago (ended up bying a large lunette) but I found it really hard to gather information. According to the sizecharts I've seen it is actually smaller than the large lunette, but according to the revies by melissa on wordpress, it's slightly larger than the large lunette. I read so many positive things about the lunette, but couldn't find much about the mpower. That is probably the main reason why I chose the lunette. But now I'm thinking this cup maybe would be better for me because it might hold more because it is so round (I only fill the lunette to the 15 ml-line because I have a low cervix, so maybe this would be more than 15 ml in a cup with a round base).

If anybody uses this cup, I would love to hear about it!

*I don't need another cup, I don't need another cup... Laughing

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

I'm courious about the mpower cup! Empty Re: I'm courious about the mpower cup!

Post  Melissa5 Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:58 pm

I have this cup, of course, lol. It actually does hold more than a large lunette, I will say so from personal experience. But (I've probably said this before) the material its made of is different from large lunette. Large lunette is mroe like a firm rubber, but Mpower (and femmecup) are like a flexible plastic. Not crackly of course, is flexible and bendy, it just feels a little more plasticky. But the holes are super easy to clean, and I cannot imagine anyone having trouble popping it open. All I will say is support the bottom with your fingers when you remove it beause its mroe rounded, so your fingers might slide down if you try to pinch it to hold it.

But if you need good capacity and something that is firm, and low maintanance, then I would say Mpower is a good choice.

Anything specific you want to know?

Melissa5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol_i_nord Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:08 am

thanks! the thing I don't get with this cup is the size, is it smaller or bigger then the large lunette? It's so hard to tell from the pictures, the size charts and your review, it's amost like they're saying different things... But IF I'm getting another cup (which I DON'T need Wink ), this will probably be it..

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 pm

They are close in length, but Mpower does seem a bit wider. And I poured water in to both... The mpower held more. I'm down at my mom's house right now, otherwise I would upload a specific comparison photo between the two for you... Maybe I can do that after I get home.

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol_i_nord Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks! According to the charts the mpower cup is 42x50 while the lunette is 46x52. But maybe the lunette has a wider rim, but the body gets rarrow, while the mpower "stays wide" for longer? Or maybe the charts are just wrong? Hmm

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Here are some comparison pictures. The one with the water was
When I poured the large lunette's capacity water into the mpower,
so you can see its below the mpower's holes. Hopefully these will
be a bigger help for you Smile

I'm courious about the mpower cup! Pictur11

I'm courious about the mpower cup! Pictur12

I'm courious about the mpower cup! Pictur13
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol_i_nord Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:49 am

Thanks! This was really helpful Smile

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

I'm courious about the mpower cup! Empty MPowercup sizing

Post  glendatutt Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 am

Hi there

I have added slightly more hardener during manufacture for two reasons. The first is that it 'pops' more easily as I struggled to get my Lunette to 'pop' open. Secondly, it does not discolour as rapdly as the Lunette because of the increase in hardener so seems cleaner- although we all know that the colour is not indicative of the cleanliness. The post curing process tends to make the finished product more 'plasticky'-my silicone expert will love this accurate vocab haha!!!

The holes are easier to clean as I have a quality control team of ladies who manually clean the holes to ensure there is no 'flash'-little flappy bits of thin silicone that occurs during manufacture.

glendatutt

http://www.mpowercup.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down