Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low cervix cups?

5 posters

Go down

Low cervix cups? Empty Low cervix cups?

Post  LindaDF Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:58 am

I’m just curious to know which cup has been a best fit for anyone else with a low cervix.

I’m a brand new user, just 5 days in with my Large LadyCup, and have discovered that my cervix is so low, that the stem was sticking out. I made sure that I could pinch and remove the cup without any problems for the first couple of days. I cut the stem yesterday as short as possible, and found that the nub left over was irritating. Embarassed

When inserting, it actually goes in higher and feels like it’s in place. But it doesn’t take long to slide down.

I’m so glad to have so much information and have learned so much in just a week. So I’m considering purchasing another brand to try out next month. For the first time in my LIFE I'm looking forward to my next cycle!

I chose the LadyCup because I have a heavy flow, and wanted the comfort of a soft cup.

I would welcome any comments or feedback. Smile
ttfn
L.
LindaDF
LindaDF

Back to top Go down

Low cervix cups? Empty Re: Low cervix cups?

Post  Melissa569 Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Hmmm, first I'll see if I can save you a little money: I personally have a very low cervix too. I cannot leave ANY part if the stem on. I have to take nail clipper and finely bevel the edges. Many online cup users use a character example, saying instead of like this: | | make the edge like this \ /. I go a step further though, I trim until there's nothing but the base of the cup, and it feels smooth as a baby's bottom, lol. Since you're short up inside, you should still be able to reach it. Or you could flip the cup inside-out, that would make it a little shorter and WAY smoother.

But if you have a low cervix, and especially if you want to try this with any other cup you may get-- be sure to cut the stem all the way down before wearing your cup inside-out. Otherwise, your cervix could dip into your cup and get jabbed by the stem. Cervical irritation can = eventual cervicitis.

However, should you still decide you want to try a different cup, Lunette is good for heavy flow. Their small actually holds the same amount as a large ladycup, and its short. So if you think the small would work for you (it might not if you've given birth)... Also the small Lunette is softer than the large Lunette. Small Yuuki is the same size and capacity as small lunette, so that's another good one.

Small and medium Meluna's are short, but they don't have much capacity. The large meluna has wonderful capacity, but its kinda long...

Hope that helps

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LindaDF Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 am

Melissa,

First I would like to THANK YOU for your super informative blog. I have learned SO much this past week. I just had the most comfortable, trouble free, waste free cycle of my entire life! Just the thought that with practice I will get better at it makes me actually look forward to next month. Smile

This issue of cervix positioning is very new and interesting to me. My doctors have never mentioned it, and I only recently (4 years ago) discovered that my uterus is in a retroflex position.

I was reading about the Meluna’s last night and wondering if the one without a stem was popular. since my cup sits down so low, I don’t have any problem reaching it, and your tip to use a tissue in my hand when removing it works great.

We don’t have any children (yet Wink ) so I will look into the Lunette. I have a heavy flow and will get the small since you suggested it’s the same size as my large LadyCup.

I will try your suggestions for cutting the stem down further on my LadyCup, and your tip about inverting it too but only if I get it smooth as not to injure my cervix.

So for my low cervix, I will look into:
Lunette, small (same capacity as my large LadyCup)
Yuuki, small (same capacity as the small Lunette)
Trim my LadyCup stem from |_| to \_/ or even U if possible

I look forward to feedback from any other ladies and which cups best fit for them too.
ttfn
L.
LindaDF
LindaDF

Back to top Go down

Post  hairballsplat Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:39 am

i've been able to cut and file (using a metal nail file) the stems down to nothing on all my cups. (large Diva, large Lunette and large Ladycup.) My cervix is about 2 inches in and i wanted the large size for capacity. just this past period I lost 180ml in one day! good luck making your cup work or finding the right cup for you!
hairballsplat
hairballsplat

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Hairball-- thank you, yes filing can help a lot in makign it smoother.

OP-- About large Ladycup VS small lunette-- If you lookat them together, the small Lunette is acutally smaller in physical size than large Ladycup... However, it still holds the same amount, because its suction release holes are higher. Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemissy Wed May 12, 2010 6:52 pm

I tried turning my mooncup UK inside out but i found it difficult to insert and remove Shocked I have a similar problem excessively heavy flow and low cervix (I am guessing this as I cant get the cups very high)

littlemissy

Back to top Go down

Post  loucheea Mon May 24, 2010 2:42 pm

The mooncup uk has one of the lowest capacities(12-13 ml, for the sm. and large) of al the cups, and is a little on the long side(50 mm). So for a shorter cup with a bigger capacity, you could try the sm. lunette, the sm. yuuki, or the small fleurcup. All of these have a capacity of 20ml (well the yuuki is only 19ml) and the same length(47mm).

I'm not sure how low your cervix is, but mine is only an inch and a 1/2 in, and I can use the sm. lunette and yuuki fine. I can even use the lrg fleur (longer than the mooncup uk) just fine. Also, on menstrualcups.org, a lady recently posted about her cervix being only half an inch to 1/4 of an inch in, and being able to use the large meluna (longer than the moongup uk too) and still get good capacity.

loucheea

Back to top Go down

Low cervix cups? Empty low cervix, tilted uterus & endometriosis

Post  KK Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi, I have a low cervix too (I can feel it just a couple of centimetres in). I can get the menstrual cup in ok (mine is a lunette) but am a bit worried that the wall might actually be blocking my cervix opening, which would not be great because i already have endometriosis. Does anyone know how to tell if the cup is obstructing the cervix opening? Thanks

KK

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:04 pm

I can't answer your question but i have a very low cervix and tilted uterus too. i know tilted uterus is fairly likely to correct itself during pregnancy, any idea whether this can also make the cervix position more normal? or isn't there any hope for me in this regard No
fwiw, i can use my small Lunette easily when my cervix isn't right at the pubic bone. considering a small meluna for when it is Rolling Eyes
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dechen Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 pm

KK, I have a low cervix, and found that my small Lunette was covering the opening of my cervix before I worked out how to use it properly. I find the easiest way to insert is the labial fold, let it pop open fairly early to avoid the outside of the cup covering my cervix, and then just fiddle a bit to get the right angle. To make sure the outer part of the cup hasn't gone over my cervix, I just run my finger around the top of the cup and feel for it (it sticks out quite noticeably), and just pull the cup down a bit and angle it to about 45 degrees. I've cut off the stem to the top line, and I find that the nub doesn't irritate me if I have the cup angled a bit (my cervix sits to the left side of my vagina).

Dechen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down