Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sara from Italy

5 posters

Go down

Sara from Italy Empty Sara from Italy

Post  princex Sun May 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Hello, this is Sara from Italy.
First of all, allow me to congratulate Melissa on her great work about menstrual cups!I love you Thanks to her many women are getting in touch with this eco-friendly product (me included)
I'm 21 and I study at university. study
I'm looking for my first cup and I'm a bit doubtful about which brand would suit on me... I hope to find a solution!
Bye!

PS: I apologize for my bad use of English Embarassed
princex
princex

Back to top Go down

Sara from Italy Empty Re: Sara from Italy

Post  LisBeth Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Ciao! Another Italian here cheers
If you need some advice about Cups, I think you are in the right place...maybe you can tell us more about you? For instant, if your cycle is heavy or light, if you would prefer a transparent or colored Cup etc. I suggest you to look very carefully Melissa's blog! I learned everything from it, and then decided which cup to buy...

I have a small Lunette and I LOVE it! I am a quite recent cup user (I have been using my cup for only 2 cycles!) but I am already very happy...

Oh, just few words in Italian Wink a proposito, a me pare che il tuo Inglese sia buono...io ci metto mezz'ora tutte le volte che devo scrivere qualcosa! Cmq Italiana di dove? Io sono toscana..mi fa tanto piacere che ci sia qualche compatriota...
LisBeth
LisBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sun May 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Ciao Sara, welcome to the forum Smile

No worries, you speak good English! Maybe we can help you decide-- how heavy do you bleed? Are you sexually active yet? Do you know if your cervix is high or low? That information is very helpful to us Smile

Again, welcome!

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Sun May 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Another welcome for you! I love meeting all you Italian girls because my family is Italian although I was born in America lol. Anyway, if you give a bit of information (as Melissa was asking before me) we can probably help you narrow your choices down to a few types of cups. Smile Good luck!
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm third-generation Slovak-American myself. I have a Slovak last name and we have a lot of ties to Slovakia and keep much of the traditions. My grandfather's family came over around the Great Depression. I can speak a tiny bit of Slovak, enough to order food...

Welcome! Your English is fine. Who knows? Maybe you will improve if you stick around here.

Back to top Go down

Post  princex Mon May 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi girls! Thanks all, you are so helpful!
My period bleeding is quite normal (sometimes heavy), I'm sexually active, but I don't know how is my cervix! confused
I'm prone to vaginal candidiasis (I'm also very sensitive. My vagine gets irritate easily), so I need a product which doesn't restrict air flow, because there shouldn't be too much moisture in the vagina.
Moreover I'm looking for a quite cheap cup. I like meluna (size M) and yuuki (size small). Actually meluna SEEMS to me a bit lower than others in quality (I mean the silicone quality). And what about lady cup (there is some offers on ebay)?

PS: for LisBeth (Elisabetta suppongo!). Io sono abruzzese, di Pescara precisamente. E tu di quale città?
PPS: for Sekhmet: where does your family come from?
princex
princex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 pm

The family is split in half, lol. One side is from Sicilia and the other side is from Napoli. Smile

And all of the cups that you listed are good choices from what I hear, although I use a Lunette myself so I don't have personal experience to back that up with. Also, the Meluna is maybe not lower quality, but it is made from a different material: TPE rubber, not silicone. However, I think silicone is a nicer material but that might just be a personal preference. There are many happy Meluna users and I have considered getting a small one for very light days.
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  princex Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm

I can see...
Thank you so much!
I'm going to bed now... i'm soooo sleepy Sleep (in italy is 0.30 am)
kiss
princex
princex

Back to top Go down

Post  CUPCAKE Mon May 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi! I'm a Lady Cup user that bought from eBay. If you're interested in Lady Cup, eBay is the best way to go because of the free shipping. It costs less than on the Lady Cup site. It's a very soft cup.
CUPCAKE
CUPCAKE

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon May 10, 2010 8:59 pm

About your cup choices-- Meluna is made of TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer), rather than silicone. But still flexible. It is considered just as medically safe as medical silicone, and is used to make catheters.

As for your cervix, here is my blog page, hopefully this can help you find it: http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com/the-cervix-and-cups/

Yuuki, Meluna and ladycup are mroe forgiving in price. But if your flow can sometimes be heavy, the large ladycup might help more...

Yuuki is great! Awsome capacity for its size (due to the hole positions), and easier to remove because of the grip rings.

The others (ladycup and meluna)-- They can both be a bit challenging to remove, but there are tricks to do it more easily. If you choose between them, I think it depends on weather you can deal with a thicker rim and you want to choose different kinds of stems (if so, get Meluna).

And Ladycup would be a softer cup with a more subtle rim, and of course, only the hallow stem.

I honestly cannot use a medium meluna or a small ladycup, unless I'm having a very light day... On my heavier days, they just don't hold enough. So if you have heavier days, Yuuki might be better...

Hope that helps a bit... Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  princex Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 am

I'll buy yuuki or ladycup.
Thank you Melissa! you have really helped me!
When I try my first cup, I'll let you know if it suit me.
Bye. have a great day!
Very Happy
princex
princex

Back to top Go down

Sara from Italy Empty Yuuki or Moon cup?

Post  princex Mon May 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi Melissa, hi girls.
I found the moon cup on sale with a promotional price in a supermarket.
I read and watched Melissa's reviews about it. It seems to have a lower capacity than yuuki cup.
Now I can't choose between yuuki and moon cup... there is just a little difference in price between them. But I can get moon cup now, while I have to wait to get yuuki. (and my period comes in few days).
???????? Question Question Question Question Question Question ?????????
princex
princex

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon May 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Hmmmm.... If it wouldn't be too much of a financial risk, I woudl go ahead and get the moon cup, just so you can try a cup. Then you willl know if there is anything you want more or less in a cup, or if that one is right for you. If your period is starting soon, I'm sure you are eager to give this a shot, rather than wait another month Smile If you find you don't fancy the moon cup, you can always sterilize it and sell it to someone, either here or in Live Journal. Many women are willing to buy a cup that was used once, so long as its sterilized, and they are aware of its condition.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Sara from Italy Empty Finally I made my choice!

Post  princex Tue May 18, 2010 4:33 pm

I've bought the mooncup this afternoon! cheers cheers cheers I couldn't wait more!
It seems very nice and comes with a very useful little "book", which explains many things about usage, care, etc.
Thank you again Melissa. you give always good advices!
When I try the cup, I will write about my experience... I hope it will help other womens.
Bye Very Happy
princex
princex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down