Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Menstrual Blood Art?

4 posters

Go down

Menstrual Blood Art? Empty Menstrual Blood Art?

Post  Melissa569 Thu May 20, 2010 9:29 am

Has anyone ever seen this artist? she actually does paintings with her menstrual flow:

Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Menstrual Blood Art? Empty Re: Menstrual Blood Art?

Post  Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Yeah, I have heard of her, of course, in the geek community, there is this talk about a woman who had a husband and they were both into anime and video games and the woman asked her husband "What should I draw for you?" because she wanted to make something for him so he said "Draw Megaman" and so she did, except she was on her period so she decided to paint the picture using menstrual blood. She decided to post it on Deviantart which is an art community and yeah... she got a lot of attention. I still think that was kind of cool, but that probably wouldn't be my first video game character I would paint of with menstrual blood, well, mainly because he is supposed to be blue which is like the opposite of red...

Still, the blood aside, I like the shading...

Look up "Megaman menstrual blood" and you will find stuff on this. There is also this Pokemon reusable pad that geeks are talking about as well...

Back to top Go down

Post  CUPCAKE Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Bodily fluids are personal IMO. I mean, they--whoever that is--can find out so much about you just by fluids like your blood. I wouldn't be comfortable using my blood in a way that caused it to just lie around. I saw her site and think it's great for personal enjoyment and then burned before I die so nobody else gets it. lol.
CUPCAKE
CUPCAKE

Back to top Go down

Post  Annyshka Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Thinking how man often react on seeing any blood, not even menstrual... pale Her exhibitions would have predominantly female public.
To be honest I wouldn't want to get her picture on my wall ))))
I wouldn't do even if it would be my blood used....
But I guess it's my conservative art-school education that does not allow me to see art in this. Perhaps because I don't see necessary connection between what was drawn and the material used.
Annyshka
Annyshka

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 pm

True, most men are creeped out by it. And some men are actually very curious...

You know, the first week I ever used a cup, I was ranting to my husband about how much I loved it, and... He asked me if he could see it. Like asked me to go to the bathroom, take the cup out, bring it back and show him what a woman's menstrual blood looked like! He said he always heard about it, but he had never actually SEEN anything with period blood on it, never seen the blood itself. I was a little wierded out at first, because I had never shown my "blood" to anyone, lol. But I figured ah well, he's my man... So I did it.

When I brought it out to him, he looked at the cup curiously... Tilted his head this way, and that, and said, "Oh, ok. Cool." Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Menstrual Blood Art? Empty :D

Post  Annyshka Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Absolutely beautiful reaction! Fantastic!

My bf when I told him I am using cup instead didn't even pay much attention.
When I showed him a cup he didn't really even looked at it... So I though I shouldn't push Smile
Later I shared with him my intention to buy a new cup and asked advise if I should try to present cups to my girlfriends.... and also asked if he thinks that I am getting addicted.. Smile But that wasn't it... It was a long monologue, so I also shared one of the stories from your Life Journal page...(about a girl who couldn't take a cup out and asked her bf to help and he has left her), well...

I was pleasantly surprised and rather astonished by the fact that he has
not only.... asked what cup I want and how does it look & how is it different from the last one,
not only.... said that I should just give them links to your sites and leave to digest information and then have a talk Smile
not only.... would have helped me if such situation (unreachable cup) occured
but also that he is so happy that I found something comfortable and more pleasant than pads.

Who would think that such a small thing as cup may help you to rediscover your men from a new side king queen
Annyshka
Annyshka

Back to top Go down

Post  Gramster2013 Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Melissa569 wrote:True, most men are creeped out by it.   And some men are actually very curious...  

You know, the first week I ever used a cup, I was ranting to my husband about how much I loved it, and...  He asked me if he could see it.  Like asked me to go to the bathroom, take the cup out, bring it back and show him what a woman's menstrual blood looked like!  He said he always heard about it, but he had never actually SEEN anything with period blood on it, never seen the blood itself.  I was a little wierded out at first, because I had never shown my "blood" to anyone, lol.  But I figured ah well, he's my man...  So I did it.  

When I brought it out to him, he looked at the cup curiously...  Tilted his head this way, and that, and said, "Oh, ok.  Cool." Smile
For the record, I'm a guy and I'm not at all grossed or creeped out by it. I'm very curious and to be honest, I find it actually quite cool and fascinating.

Gramster2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down